Not trusting blue dye but... *UPDATE: Evap*

Yeah, the test this morning was a stark white negative so that was just a nasty blue dye evap. I'm only 9 dpo so I'm not entirely out yet but I still feel gutted... I got my hopes up too soon. Never again will I buy a blue dye test!

You are definitely not out yet bnelson!! It's so so early xx

Thanks for the encouragement! It's so silly to be discouraged by something like this when I'm still early AND I haven't been trying for so long. I'd be okay with a negative if I hadn't had such a convincing faint BFP. I should write a letter to CB... "Dear CB, HOW DARE YOU?" Hahaha

Its not over yet. I had a slight line on fri night 8dpo that i put down as an evap. Sat sun tested on cheapies and totally negative. Tested mon morn 11dpo and a very thin faint line on a tesco which is blue dye but as it was thinner than control i put it down to evap. Wasnt feeling great all mon. Mon night i bought a frer and digi and got instant pos and 1-2 wks on digi. And only 11dpo i think. So dont be down yet! I thought i was out too x

Thanks soo much for sharing! That helps a lot. I've been stalking fertility friend charts for negative before positive test charts and it seems to be common so I'm holding on to hope! Congrats on your positive btw!!!

You aren't out yet and especially not at 9dpo, i had a BFP at 10dpo and a BFN at 11dpo, then back to BFP at 12 dpo! Try again tomorrow; good luck lovely xx

i really appreciate the support - thank you everyone!

Sorry about the BFN. :( Definitely not out though! Imagine you never took any of the tests. Could be way too early & so they're not reliable negatives. There's still a chance! FX for you! X

That's a good idea - I'm just going to pretend like I never took them. But I'm now torn between waiting until the day AF is due to test again or to just do it on Friday (11 dpo). Urgh. Idk how some women do this for months and years... absolutely amazing strength for that!

Last edited:
What test did you use today? Xx

Only a cheap Asda test. I didn't wanna use money on FRERs with it being super early. Also, I know they're cheaper at the Tesco in town and I didn't wanna go that far as Asda within walking distance. Says the sensitivity is 25 mIU so that's the same as the CBS. And it's a pink dye.

image1_2.jpg

Literally the most negative pregnancy test i've ever seen :lol:

I would TRY to wait :lol: I know how hard that is, but 9DPO is still early! Fx!!

I'm aiming for Friday. Then I'll be gone all weekend so I won't be tempted. I'm traveling back to America on Wednesday, I want to know before I go! Mostly so I know whether or not the witch will strike on a 9 hour flight!!!

Where abouts in America are you from bnelson? I totally agree about the strength these ladies have, who try each month & have that disappointment. :( Fingers crossed if not this month, you'll get a BFP soon! X

I'm from Atlanta, Georgia. I moved here in the beginning of September and it's been quite an adjustment but I absolutely love it. Though I might be freezing to death right now, haha!! I was in Scotland two weekends ago and THAT was the coldest I have ever been in my life!!

Oh awesome! Yeah I live in the north of England, almost Scotland, it's very cold! :lol:

I live about an hour north of Manchester. Like... between Liverpool and Manchester so it gets cold here but not nearly as cold as it is up by the border!! Beautiful though. Took my breath away driving through the snowy hills!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back