Not sure what's going on...

mikid

Reaction score
Hey ladies, I'm sorry if this is not the right place to post this but I was just looking for a little advice ...

I am taking yasmin contraceptive pill and started a new pack a couple of weeks ago after missing a month cause I ran out. So a few days ago I started having brown mucousy discharge which continued until yesterday when it turned red and became period type flow. Then last night I passed rather a large clot and have had numerous more since then with a heavier than normal flow. Does this sound like a miscarriage?

I hope I'm not upsetting anyone just don't know what's going on, I didn't have sex during the month pill break so didn't think there was any chance I could be pregnant but I guess it happens sometimes? Or maybe its just a weird thing because I missed a month??

Any advice would be so gratefully received, thanks ladies. XX

Hey ladies, I'm sorry if this is not the right place to post this but I was just looking for a little advice ...

I am taking yasmin contraceptive pill and started a new pack a couple of weeks ago after missing a month cause I ran out. So a few days ago I started having brown mucousy discharge which continued until yesterday when it turned red and became period type flow. Then last night I passed rather a large clot and have had numerous more since then with a heavier than normal flow. Does this sound like a miscarriage?

I hope I'm not upsetting anyone just don't know what's going on, I didn't have sex during the month pill break so didn't think there was any chance I could be pregnant but I guess it happens sometimes? Or maybe its just a weird thing because I missed a month??

Any advice would be so gratefully received, thanks ladies. XX

Based on what you say hun, I think it could be the pill - If you've not had unprotected sex whilst off the pill then it's unlikey that you were pregnant?

My first period when I came off the pill was horrendous...

xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks hun. It just seems odd because I've been on this pill for years on and off and never had anything like this before... Had the odd bit of spotting between periods but never anything so heavy and the clots got me worried :shock:

Guess ill just see how it goes

I've also recently come off Yasmin and am having my second real period. It's horrific, with exactly the same problem you've described. I've always been regular and light to normal... this was two weeks late and is so heavy, with cramps like nothing I've experienced before, plus aching boobs and back which I've never had to this degree. I took tests as I was late, so I know 100 per cent I wasn't preg. So basically - don't worry! Clearly the pill can hugely eff up your cycle! Big hug x

Oh, also, like you, I've come off Yasmin a number of times over the years and never had a single problem before. Not so much as a late period or a nasty cramp x

Im still taking it though, just missed a month because I didn't get a new pack in time. Shouldn't be bleeding at all until the end of this pack (only half way through)

Thanks for your replies though, think I'll go docs tomorrow and see what's going on :(

Did you wait til your period arrived before starting your new pack? If not, that would prob explain it. Def go to the dr if you're worried x

Yeah waited for first day of period before starting new pack, but that period was very light... Which is why I'm thinking could it be that I was pg and this is a miscarriage cause my last period before finding out I was pg with dd was very light too ...

Im defo gonna go to the docs just to see what they say. But will they even be able to tell if that's what it is/was as the bleeding seems to have almost stopped, just spotting now? Some of the clots were really quite big, one the size of my palm but didn't look too closely, think I was in shock at first. But had a look at the other smaller ones and they did appear almost fleshy, really firm?

And another odd thing, although the bleeding has really slowed down, the cramps have gone up a notch and I have backache now too... I would have hought that would have come before/during the heavy bleeding?

HUn, I would guess that quite possibly even if you were pg there is little the docs can tell you other than probabilities. If they do a blood test its likely your levels will have dropped. It could well just be mixed up periods because of your changes on the pill. Always worth a check with the docs though xx

Thanks hun, its just so frustrating to know I might never know what/why this happened but I guess that's just the way it is sometimes.

I don't know if I subconsciously know, or have just convinced myself that its more than just a pill thing but I can't stop thinking that this us a miscarriage and although I wasn't ttc and never thought about another baby this soon after having dd, I feel really down and upset that there could have been a little life there and by starting that new pack of pills I've made this happen. I would never not want a life I've created even if it were accidental, I would welcome it with open arms and wide open heart so feel awful that I could have caused this :(

But then what if I'm just convincing myself of that when its something else entirely??? I think this is why I really want a definitive answer as to what's going on so I can put my mind to rest one way or the other.

Sorry for the random outburst, it just came flooding out! I feel a bit odd talking to dh as he just worries.

Hun, thats what this place and all of us are here for! Your daughter is beautiful btw!

It must be a horrid feeling that it could have been but by the sounds of it i really don't think so and it was just a rubbish period cos your cycles were a but messed up by the changes. Try and think of it that way, cos it doesn't help to think of it any other way xxxx

Even if you had conceived, everything I've read says they if you were to take the pill after conception it wouldn't harm the baby, so please don't think that if you have miscarried it's your fault in any way x

Thanks ladies, its such a help to have you all to turn to :hugs:

I know I sound dramatic but emotions ate all over the place, probably is just :witch: causing major havoc. Think ill feel more settled once I've seen doc tomorrow whatever the outcome. It's the sitting and stewing that's the worst bit for me.

Thanks again lovelies :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back