Not sure if it was a positive or not.

Fairy1991

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Firstly I just want to say hi as I'm new to this forum :)
I have two boys and now ttc third child 😺

Right well basically I have been using these test strips for a month now. I believe I missed it last month as I did it three weeks into my period which obviously was too late.

Anyhow, first time this morning I had something that seemed like a positive.
I will share the picture and then I did a test again 4 hours later and it was Negative. I don't understand 😔
I did test the night before about 9pm. The postive one I got was at 7am next morning which was TODAY

The positive line is so bright red/pink I'm thinking maybe it's invalid lol
Why is it so bright 😐

Attachments

• IMG_7967.jpg
    IMG_7967.jpg
    550.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_7971.jpg
    IMG_7971.jpg
    505.7 KB · Views: 46
Oh that's a strange one, can't say I've ever seen a line like that. With those OPKs they don't recommend testing first thing in the morning, I tested around midday and then again in the evening. What CD are you on and how long would your cycle usually be? x

I know I was laughing with my Oh saying it looks like pen lol
I have a 34 days cycle and I'm on 15 today.
Cm is deffo telling me something is going on
Maybe its as a very high surge LOL hahaha idk but we dtd yesterday and today. Should we again tomorrow or day after. My app I've downloaded says I'm due to ovulate Sunday coming but I'm 90% sure it's happening tonight or tomorrow

If you are ovulating now it would be quite early for a 34 day cycle, but you never know, it's always possible! You can get fertile CM quite a few days before OV actually happens though, if I were you I would dtd every other day and keep testing too just incase that one was a bit dodgy, you don't want to miss it again! x

How many hours in between should I test if I text twice incase tbe surge is short
Hmm I've read quite a few girls that's have the same cycle as me and o around a day or two later than me. Hmm should I get a clear blue opk or these will do?

Thanks for your help by the way :)

I did my second one any time between around 5 & 7pm, and I've always got positives for 2 days in a row so I think the chances of missing it if you are testing twice a day are slim! I used the clear blue digis this month and they ended up driving me insane, I got 13 days of flashing smileys before my peak, and I actually got a positive on the cheap ones the day before clear blue picked it up! My last 2 cycles have been around 33-35 days and I didn't get my pos OPK until CD 20 this month

No problem at all happy to help :) x

Opks always give false positives in the morning, the leaflet tells you the best time to test is around 2pm, my opks are positive in the morning too, try 2pm on a 2hr hold for accurate results. x

I did it again this morning lol okay I shall do it in afternoon at half 2 but when should I do a second one. What time.

I thought you do one every ten hours lol

Last edited:
I dont usually get positive in the morning unless im close to oving. Maybe you did have your surge but was a short one? I hate trying to figure out opks makes me so stressed!
I didnt use them in my last cycle (got preg with twins!!) xx

Do you have twins in the family? I can't imagine having twins!!!! It would be so so so stressful

Peanut, had you said that it was twins?! Amazing! At this point I'd love twins, just so I wouldn't jave to ttc ever again!

No unfortunately one has died. But like I meant I still got preg with 2. No twins in the family. Xx

Ah, I see, I'm so sorry. Wonderful that you have the other. xxx

Aw I'm sorry to hear that peanutbutter :(

I've never heard about the 10 hour thing fairy, I always did 12.30 and 5.30 ish x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back