not sleeping

clairescunny55

Reaction score
:cry: i feel really bad, down and tired, everything is upsetting me due to lack of sleep. ryan seems to have his night and day muddled up, and i cant do anything to wake him in the day time. did this happen to any of you? and how long did it last? :(

I know exactly how you feel, Maddison had her day and night mixed up too and we had to wake her in the day and try keep her awake for awhile so she would turn it around. Very hard to try keep a newborn baby awake though and she ended up just turning them round herself at around 3 weeks :hug:

Do you put Ryan in his crib during the day? if so this could be making him go into a deep sleep. I would put jacob in his pram in the day to sleep and put the pram by patio doors so it was always light. Then at night he'd go in his crib upstairs where it was dark. He'll still very young, when he starts being more active he'll want to be awake more during the day. Hope he starts to sleep more for you during the night. :hug:

Try having a bedtime routine. Thats what I did with Isaac and it worked. I bathed him and got his babygrow and grobag on and put him in his cot. I think it helps them to tell the difference between night and day.

Lou :)

You could try over accentuating day and night. At night make sure everything id super dark and quiet. I agree with the bedtime routine as well.

And during the day, i dont know, try a strict routine with daft things like bottle, play, nap, bottle play nap then at night when he gets his bottle, read him a story in a dark room.

I know it sounds daft but after a few days he should start to get it, being able to tell the difference.

Just a thought

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back