not much movement of baby

Steelers fan

Reaction score
Has anyone elses baby stopped moved so much? Over the last week the baby hardly moves at all and it worries me sick. I sit willing it to move so I know everything is alright. Then I get a very weak wiggle and thats it for another couple of hours. I have tried having a bath, eating sweets everything that used to work. Is it just because he/she is ready to start the journey to meet us or should I be contacting the midwife? Help!!!

You should be getting 10 movements a day if you havent been getting that then I would contact your midwife or the hospital, mine has quieter days than others but I always have more than 10 a day. It can be a sign that they are getting ready to come out but as you cant be sure I would contact your midwife

i had the same, try sitting or laying on the sofa for 10 mins with a glass of cold water to drink....it worked for me

Hi Steelers Fan

i agree with what honey and michelle have said. you should be feeling 10 seperate movements a day in a 12 hour period (is that right 12 hours). If not contact your hospital and what they should do is put you on a monitor where they record your baby's movements. where your baby is big now it can be hard to record the movements.

but do what honey said, just lay on the sofa for a while with an ice cold drink and just keep an eye on your stomach.

good luck and keep us posted.

x

Thanks for that, I had a quiet hour on settee with blackcurrent juice and a packet of biscuits and within 30 mins baby was dancing!! The only thing is I have to do this every day now to put my self at rest that all is ok. Do you know how many calories are in a full packet of biscuits!!!!! :oops: Thye just taste so good and baby likes them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back