Not looking good. 2nd Scan booked to check size

BTurley01

Reaction score
My GP sent me for a scan this morning as i went to see them because i have had some bleeding and stomach cramps so thought best getbit checked. Not good news and not bad news.....so we all think I am 9 weeks gone. The scan shows 6 weeks due to the size of the featus. Now the dates could be wrong and everything is fine and I just have some breakthrough bleeding but also I could be 9 weeks and the featus is not growing.

So they can't do a lot at this stage. I have to go back in 10 days.....next Friday at 9am this scan will tell us what we know. If no growing then that's it :-( if it had grown then great dates are wrong and all okm she said it really is 50. 50 but we have been told to prepare for the worst. This is our first pregnancy and I know that we cannot do anything in the next 10 days to change anything so need to just not worry and see what next Friday brings.

Anyone have any experiences of this?
I have bad stomach cramps so I can only imagine the worst is going to happen on Friday:-(

My second pregnancy, I had some spotting at 8+4.

We went for a scan to be told that baby was only measuring 6 weeks and that either my dates were wrong or the pregnancy wasn't progressing. I had to be rescanned in 14 days as per their policy.

I went back after 7 days as my spotting got heavier and there was no change and I miscarried naturally at home a few days later. This was confirmed when I went back for the scan at 14 days.

I know there have been ladies who have measured significantly behind but gone back for a rescan and all has been well. Sadly this was not the case for me

The wait between scans really is horrendous and I'm so sorry that you are in this position. Fingers crossed that you get good news at your next scan hun.

XX

I had some bleeding and went for a scan to be told I was earlier and only had a sac went back 10 days later and baby had caught up. the wait is agonising! try and keep busy keeping my fx for you x

Last edited:
Awww I'm so sorry for you. Thank you. Yea the wait is already horrendous and got 9 days to go! My cramps are bad but bleeding not too bad so I really don't know

I'm so sorry you're going through this lovely :( how sure are you on your dates? Keeping everything crossed xxx

the wait is awful I must of Googled constantly for 10 days with all different answers lol hope it's good news for you

Not sure to be honest lol well about 90% sure we think it's hard to know lol yea really want next Friday to come quick. Cramps are still bad though :-( feels like period cramps. But don't know if that's normal or not.

Kept awake most of the night with stomach cramps and more bleeding :-( I think it's safe to say we should expect the worst next Friday :-( :-( :-(

Sending you lots of love Bturley ♡ we're all here xxx

My bleeping and Cramps have reduced a lot today. Not sure if that's a good sign or bad sign. Roll on next Friday! Hate not knowing.

Hopefully it's just a breakthrough period and all is well with baby.

So sorry you're going through this. Hoping everything turns out alright. The not knowing is difficult. Fingers crossed for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back