Not looking forward to..

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by twinkle90, Jul 16, 2013.

1. twinkle90

twinkle90 Well-Known Member

Seeinv the midwife tomorrow. I was reading through my notes from the last scan and theirs been an increase of BMI. I dont know how because i have cut down hell of a lot and been eating healthier. Im worried what she will say. And also my scan on Friday. What if it they cant check the baby properly again because im a right fatty atm. Im kinda scared if im honest xxx

2. Rachel80

Rachel80 Well-Known Member

I've never been weighed by the midwife except at the booking in appointment? She'll only be able to assess your bmi if she weighs you & I don't think it's standard practice x

3. ChloeSmith

ChloeSmith Well-Known Member

Same here, I was only weighed on 1st appointment and 12 week scan, never been weighed after that.

I've put on 2 stone, so I'm also dreading it - but hey, I figure I'm not gunna deprive baby of anything - I'll just lose it all after :)

4. twinkle90

Ive not been weighed yet onky at 1st appt lol. The sonographer had put in my notes that my BMI has increased. :/ and that was the reason she couldnt get a clear image of baby. I feel soo embarassed about it. Xxx

5. MrsLG

MrsLG Well-Known Member

Don't be embarrassed babe! Your body naturally stores some extra fat when you are pregnant - nothing you can do about it, I've put on about 12 pounds so far and my midwife didn't comment at my last appointment, am sure you'll be fine, :) xx

6. Lulubelle

Lulubelle Well-Known Member

She probably didn;t mean that your BMI had increased. But if you have a high BMI then this will be recorded on your scan notes as it does restrict the view - especially if you carry lots of abdominal fat rather than evenly distributed.

It may be recorded as - view restricted due to hign BMI, or there are other ways, I think something like andispoty (i have probably made this word up compltely but it is something like that.

On my scans it is recorded as view: High Bmi but they were totally able to see everything. I;m just worried about developing pre-eclampsia again, but that is not soley down to BMI

#6 Lulubelle, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  7. Samantha55

Samantha55 Well-Known Member

I haven't even weighed myself since falling pregnant as don't want to know! Try not to worry Hun I'm sure all will be fine xx

8. twinkle90

In my notes the woman typed up saying its increased. We will find out in the morning i guess x

9. knopk@

[email protected] Well-Known Member

She didnt mean it has increased un pregnancy. She meants it is increased compared to normal range.
    I was only weighed once

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

10. Kimmyj_b

Kimmyj_b Well-Known Member

Mine only weigh me at my health and well being clinic which I have to go o as I had a high BMI at outset x