Not looking forward to..

twinkle90

Reaction score
Seeinv the midwife tomorrow. I was reading through my notes from the last scan and theirs been an increase of BMI. I dont know how because i have cut down hell of a lot and been eating healthier. Im worried what she will say. And also my scan on Friday. What if it they cant check the baby properly again because im a right fatty atm. Im kinda scared if im honest xxx

I've never been weighed by the midwife except at the booking in appointment? She'll only be able to assess your bmi if she weighs you & I don't think it's standard practice x

Same here, I was only weighed on 1st appointment and 12 week scan, never been weighed after that.

I've put on 2 stone, so I'm also dreading it - but hey, I figure I'm not gunna deprive baby of anything - I'll just lose it all after :)

Ive not been weighed yet onky at 1st appt lol. The sonographer had put in my notes that my BMI has increased. :/ and that was the reason she couldnt get a clear image of baby. I feel soo embarassed about it. Xxx

Don't be embarrassed babe! Your body naturally stores some extra fat when you are pregnant - nothing you can do about it, I've put on about 12 pounds so far and my midwife didn't comment at my last appointment, am sure you'll be fine, :) xx

She probably didn;t mean that your BMI had increased. But if you have a high BMI then this will be recorded on your scan notes as it does restrict the view - especially if you carry lots of abdominal fat rather than evenly distributed.

It may be recorded as - view restricted due to hign BMI, or there are other ways, I think something like andispoty (i have probably made this word up compltely but it is something like that.

On my scans it is recorded as view: High Bmi but they were totally able to see everything. I;m just worried about developing pre-eclampsia again, but that is not soley down to BMI

Last edited:
I haven't even weighed myself since falling pregnant as don't want to know! Try not to worry Hun I'm sure all will be fine xx

In my notes the woman typed up saying its increased. We will find out in the morning i guess x

She didnt mean it has increased un pregnancy. She meants it is increased compared to normal range.
I was only weighed once

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Mine only weigh me at my health and well being clinic which I have to go o as I had a high BMI at outset x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back