Not in the mood!!!

Little Miss Joslyn

Reaction score
Hiya all ttc girlies,
Do any of you plan an afternoon of sex and then feel so pissed off you really dont fancy it?! I took the afternoon off work to go out to lunch with my OH and invited my mother who is an alcoholic. Big mistake! She got all argumentative and started on me and put me in a bad mood which i then took out on my OH so guess what? No sex!!! I wish I could just switch off from my family and the stresses of everyday life as easy as I can switch off from sex! Any ideas girls? I am not surprized I cant get pregnant as I dont do it enough and im always totally stressed out!
Little miss Stress x

Hi there...

I do sympathise.. I remember feeling a bit like that - trying to get myself in the mood when I had a million other things in my head.. I always found mornings good [if time for it!!] for BD'ing as less on my mind then!!

good luck xxx

I understand what you are saying puff puff. We have a very active sexlife, but it seemed that around ovulation time, the pressure was on to perform and it really didn't seem the same.

But...... when I look back at the month we did conceive, it was the month that DH had a stinking cold and I forced him to do it!! :shock: I've just found the posts that I put on here around ovulation time in December - have a read!

Well, I think I've missed our window this month DH was really poorly when he got home from work. He works in the local pub as well on a Wednesday evening, but he managed to get someone else to cover his shift. He had his dinner, then went to bed. I had 2 clear lines on the ovulation sticks when I got home from work at about 5pm, so assumed we had 24-36 hours till ovulation. When DH went to bed, I had thoughts of walking him up when I went to bed, but he was burning up so I just let him sleep. We both love the middle of the night or early morning BDing, so I'd decided that I would wake him when I woke up (which I do at least 4 times a night for a drink of water), but guess what? Yup, I slept right through to the alarm. Also, so far I have got a real pain in the lower right of my abdomen, the same as the same time last month when I noticed ovulation pains for the first time. And to top it all, I'm working late tonight with the pc move!!

Does anyone know what the ovulation pain actually signifies? Is it the start of the ovary starting to get ready to release the egg, or is it actually the egg being released? Is it worth me making the poor sick bloke suffer tonight when I get home, or have I missed it this month??????

Then the following day:

Well, we managed to get a BD in last night. DH was feeling much much better, but I was knackered after working late. Got home at 8.45, had a shower, then dinner, then promptly fell asleep!! I woke up at 11 on the sofa, DH asleep on the other sofa (How old are we?!?!?!), so off to bed. All I wanted to do was fall back sleep, but forced myself! I always thought that making a baby was the ultimate act of love. Not forcing myself to BD when I'm knackered and not in the mood, because I know I'm ovulating!!!! How romantic!

Remember - it only takes the once!!! :D

Those posts are great! I hope it's Ok, but they made me laugh. It really is amazing how you can have a normal sex life during the majority of your cycle, and just over the short time you 'need' to BD, it seems inappropriate! Your schedules don't coincide, you're sick, or just plain tired! Or, worse yet, you're having a silly row with your OH!

Hi Puff Puff. Oh I do feel sorry for you. It seems you are trying to please everyone around you except yourself.

First I would say Dont invite your mother round. How come you did that on that day? You say your mother is an alcoholic. I have a brother who is too and I find it very difficult to speak to him. He always wants to fight with everyone. But I do sympathise with him because he is addicted to the drink and also with your mother. All I can offer at this time is Prayer.
What is your mothers name and I will pray for her for as long as it takes as I do for my brother.
As for you honey. Snatch it when you can, thats what I had to do as I have a 3 year old around most of the time.
Try to relax and be happy with you and your OH. It is so sad when we take it out on the one who we love. You are a good daughter to have your mum around and maybe she needs you sometimes even though she wont admit it.
Take each day as it comes and it will happen for you. Im just getting back with my hubby and I am taking a different route with him and at the moment its working. We will be trying again as soon as the doctors find out whats wrong with either of us.
Good luck and happy BDing
All my love and prayers are with you and your family. x x x x

Thanks girls for your concern. It was thoughtful of you to send your posts Tankett as its conforting to know its not just me! I hope I will be joining you and anna marie in the next few months and you can tell me about the joys of being pregnant! Im so plessed you and your man are sorting things out Jacqui and glad you are looking to the future after your sad loss. It must be hars finding the time with a 3 year old running around. My OHs 90 year old grandad lives with us so its a nightmare as when we are bding you can hear his sticks coming up the stairs!!! Hes as deaf as a post, so dont know why I worry but it is off putting! Sorry to hear your brother is an alcoholic, my mother is called Pat and she stopped drinking last march when she had a scare in hospital. Thats when I found out I was pregnant and then I sadly miscarried. My mothers mother then died and she went backl on the drink. I think my mum needs counciling and I do try to listen but im not a professional councilor. sorry to rabbit on. Luv Nic xxx

Have just got over a really bad sickness bug where i just had to lay on the floor from being so weak and dizzy. Hope morning sickness isnt that bad! My OH didnt even look after me so I wonder what he will be like when im pregnant. He ordered a chinese takeaway tonight and surprize, i didnt want it after throwing up the night before so I just looked at him and said " I suppose you will eat it like you always do !" Bitchy, I know but I feel I have put on so much weight and wouldnt mind if i were pregnant and he isnt working and hes sitting at home getting fat! Lifes a bitch and then you die!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back