Not gaining weight!

H16

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I am a bit concerned about lack of weight gain - I am 25 weeks now and my belly has expanded loads but I am still 5lb lighter now than I was at 8 weeks. I mentioned it to midwife and she was really blase and was just like we don't weigh pregnant women anymore we just measure the belly don't worry. I can't help but worry.

I needed to lose around a stone and half when I got pregnant anyway so it is not like I am anorexic or anything I am just worried that bubs won't be getting everything they need from me.

Anyone else having/had this issue? Should I be concerned?

xxx

I'm 19+5 and have currently lost 1kg (nothing huge) but I know bubs is growing and will be gettin all the nutrients it needs, so I'm not worried. I was over weight to start with so they say the bigger you are, the less you should gain. If you're concerned hun, call the mw and express your concerns, even if she just reassures you hun. Xx

I've gained 9lbs now im 18 weeks tomorrow...
But i haven't changed weight since week 13.. so wouldnt worry too much.

I was 10 stone 8 when i found out was pregnant at 5 weeks.

x

I'm only 17 weeks at the moment but have lost weight so far overall - 9pounds by week 12 and not put much back on - 3 or 4 pounds as of yesterday. I mentioned to midwife and she didn't seem bothered but like you I was/am a bit concerned!

rachx

I'm only 17 weeks at the moment but have lost weight so far overall - 9pounds by week 12 and not put much back on - 3 or 4 pounds as of yesterday. I mentioned to midwife and she didn't seem bothered but like you I was/am a bit concerned!

rachx

Glad it is not just me then. I was more concerned as when I was told I had lost weight back at 12 week scan they were like don't worry it will just be because you are sick lots and I had only been sick once the entire first tri! I am just assuming it is because I walk a lot and eat fairly healthily but I still stress over it. I don't want to sit and eat choc all day just to try and gain weight though :( x

I'm 3 stone lighter than when I got pregnant due to hyperemesis! As long as your baby is healthy and on track, that shouldn't be a problem :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back