Not feeling overly confident!

Unicorn

Reaction score
So I got my bfp 2 weeks ago today and was absolutely thrilled but I'm now starting to worry!
The main reasons being that I didn't have any implantation bleeding, which I had on all my previous pregnancies and I'm not feeling that sick, when I'm usually horrendously sick by now!
We've had 2 chemical pregnancies this year and I'm really worried that things aren't progressing again but for some reason my body thinks it is! I am already obviously showing so have had to tell people and I think I'm finding the bump disconcerting as well as in the normal way of things you'd be this big because of the baby so would be able to feel movement, which I obviously can't so it just feels really weird to be this big and feel nothing!
Also, I got 1-2 weeks on a clear blue the Saturday following my bfp and a 2-3 weeks last Thursday but still a 2-3 weeks this morning, which I was hoping would have progressed to a 3+! I'll do another on Saturday in the hope that it will have progressed by then!
Any input from your own experience would be very much appreciated please, I just want to be able to enjoy this after everything we've been through to get here xx

Hi, so sorry you aren’t feeling overly confident. It’s always a worry from the very first BFP. Just to reassure you, I didn’t get any implantation bleeding or sickness with my 2019 BFP and she was my sticky bean who turned 3 last weekend. Fingers crossed everything is going ok and maybe try to hold off on testing if you can? It might just make you worry more when it’s not needed. X

So I got my bfp 2 weeks ago today and was absolutely thrilled but I'm now starting to worry!
The main reasons being that I didn't have any implantation bleeding, which I had on all my previous pregnancies and I'm not feeling that sick, when I'm usually horrendously sick by now!
We've had 2 chemical pregnancies this year and I'm really worried that things aren't progressing again but for some reason my body thinks it is! I am already obviously showing so have had to tell people and I think I'm finding the bump disconcerting as well as in the normal way of things you'd be this big because of the baby so would be able to feel movement, which I obviously can't so it just feels really weird to be this big and feel nothing!
Also, I got 1-2 weeks on a clear blue the Saturday following my bfp and a 2-3 weeks last Thursday but still a 2-3 weeks this morning, which I was hoping would have progressed to a 3+! I'll do another on Saturday in the hope that it will have progressed by then!
Any input from your own experience would be very much appreciated please, I just want to be able to enjoy this after everything we've been through to get here xx
Oh I’m so sorry! Worrying is going to make it worse. Can you get your betas drawn? That would be the best. I would not worry about the implantation, and for the sickness, I would keep in mind that every pregnancy is different. Keep us posted!

Hi, so sorry you aren’t feeling overly confident. It’s always a worry from the very first BFP. Just to reassure you, I didn’t get any implantation bleeding or sickness with my 2019 BFP and she was my sticky bean who turned 3 last weekend. Fingers crossed everything is going ok and maybe try to hold off on testing if you can? It might just make you worry more when it’s not needed. X
Thank you Sarah, that's reassuring and it would obviously be lovely to have a pregnancy where I wasn't really sick, it's just so far from my previous experiences! Xx

Oh I’m so sorry! Worrying is going to make it worse. Can you get your betas drawn? That would be the best. I would not worry about the implantation, and for the sickness, I would keep in mind that every pregnancy is different. Keep us posted!
Yeah, I think if I haven't got a 3+ weeks on a digi by Tuesday then I'll contact the epu for bloods as my levels obviously aren't increasing like they should! I'm lucky that I volunteer for maternity services here so have a lot of contacts who would support my in whatever I need :) But as Sarah says I'm going to try and hold off going down that route as it might just worry me more, if they were to do a scan for example it might just be too early to reassure me xx

Yeah, I think if I haven't got a 3+ weeks on a digi by Tuesday then I'll contact the epu for bloods as my levels obviously aren't increasing like they should! I'm lucky that I volunteer for maternity services here so have a lot of contacts who would support my in whatever I need :) But as Sarah says I'm going to try and hold off going down that route as it might just worry me more, if they were to do a scan for example it might just be too early to reassure me xx
Glad to hear you’ll have some support in the help you need! I think you are right about being too early to reassure. Keep us posted!

I’m 10+2 and still very much symptomless, I’ve had two successful ultrasounds so I know that all is well - just trying to give you a positive and reassuring story.

As for Clearblue digitals - you know they’re banned in some countries because of how wildly inaccurate they are? Even the thresholds they claim they are, are not set in stone.

How are you getting on?

I’m 10+2 and still very much symptomless, I’ve had two successful ultrasounds so I know that all is well - just trying to give you a positive and reassuring story.

As for Clearblue digitals - you know they’re banned in some countries because of how wildly inaccurate they are? Even the thresholds they claim they are, are not set in stone.

How are you getting on?
Wow! I didn’t know that about Cb digi….that’s crazy

Hope everything is OK hun, ive heard alot of people never getting a 3+ even when they are far along they never get a 3+. With my first daughter I had bad sickness from day one right upto labour even threw up in labour in hospital bath , with my second daughter I had nothing really except when I got spd rather early I had that with my first too .xx

Thank you ladies, that's really reassuring :) I'm just really struggling to settle into this pregnancy, it already feels like one thing after another and I just feel anxious all the time :-?
I did another digi on Saturday and got a 3+ so was happy with that and already have a huge bump, waves of nausea and utter exhaustion so that's all positive!
But last night hubby and I got a little frisky, no penetration but I orgasmed and later went to the toilet to find very dark blood with little clots! I'm trying to hold on to the fact that it was obviously old blood and I didn't have any implantation bleeding this time, which is unusual for me so I'm hoping it's just that coming through really late :think: But I'm now on edge waiting for more bleeding :-( xx

I know its pretty scary isn't it? I never experienced implantation bleeding with either of mine , I did a few times get some bleeding with sex but orgasm makes you contract and can make you bleed it's all very normal xx

I know its pretty scary isn't it? I never experienced implantation bleeding with either of mine , I did a few times get some bleeding with sex but orgasm makes you contract and can make you bleed it's all very normal xx
Thank you. It's completely stopped now so hopefully that'll be it! We've got our first scan a week Friday, which couldn't come soon enough xx

Yeah, ok thank you :) I'm definitely more exhausted than I was with previous pregnancies but I am obviously older now and I suppose the Christmas chaos with the kids hasn't helped! And the sickness has well and truly kicked in now, although it's different from before when I'd just get a wave of extreme sickness, be sick and feel better for a bit! This time it's not enough to be sick, I just feel exhausted and nauseous all the time, like an extreme hang over! But I'm grateful that it didn't properly kick in until after Christmas :)
And it's honestly unbelievable how big I am already! I was at a party with some family I haven't seen for a few months the other day and they thought the baby was due soon and others who I'd been with about a week before we conceived just couldn't believe my bump! I'll see if I can get a good picture.....

Thank you, but a bit ridiculous for 6 weeks! Xx

I’ve heard others say their bumps ‘pop’ earlier with subsequent pregnancies haha

Yeah, I was in maternity clothes at 7 weeks with our second, but definitely not this big! Xx

Is your third? I'm currently 5+5 with my third I feel so much more tired this time round and soooo hungry all time . My oldest is 4 and youngest just turned 1 so that doesn't help. I was showing at 7 weeks with my 1 year old too wore a Baggy dress for my dad's funeral and still couldn't hide my bump so every one knew before the 12 week scan xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back