Not feeling baby yet?

KateK

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm trying so hard not to but I'm getting a little worried about not having felt baby much. I'm 18+3 and this is my second baby.. I was honestly expecting to feel something by 14 weeks as everyone says you feel it sooner with your second. Nothing was noted about my placenta at 12 week scan so I assume it isn't anterior.. I find myself laying stock still, prodding my tummy and willing baby to move but it never happens! I do think I've felt baby a couple of times but I keep hearing of people at a similar gestation getting stronger and more regular kicks. Just waiting it out until my 20 week scan (16th Sept) so I can see that everything is ok! For those a little further along in Tri 2, when did you start feeling movement and when would you say it started getting regular? I know I sound a bit neurotic but it's been weighing on my mind every day for weeks :( xx

Hi Hun,

This is my first pregnancy and I have only just started feeling baby, I'm 18+1. However I have a close friend who is pregnant with her second and still not really felt baby all that much, she is a week ahead of me, she had a private scan at 17 week and everything was absolutely fine! But if you worried, talk to your midwife, it's better to put your mind at ease.

Thanks sweet, I know it's probably all fine, the wait between appointments just feels so long I wish I could just have that bit of reassurance every day! Just cannot wait for my scan.. Hope everything's going well with you :) xx

Hey Hun, my first movement I felt was around 20week mark, my placenta is anterior so at front been told it cushions baby's movements so this is why a don't feel much. I'm now 24 weeks and feel slight movements persific times of day too it's become more regular than before. X

Thanks lovely :) I've never been a patient person, I think I need to try and chill.. I had some complications at the start of my pregnancy so think it's weighing on my mind more than it should xx

Pregnancy makes a lot of us anxious Hun, spec if there's been complications etc. I'm sure baby is in there growing nicely and your scan will put ur mind at rest :) this is my 5th little boy and more anxious this time around I rekon. Ask how the placenta is lying etc. When u asked about movements before my scan too she just said its early days the midwife and start to regulate at 24 weeks which is deffo the case. any questions or owt a bet the midwife wouldn't mind answering them for you x

I know what you mean about the wait, from 12 to 20 weeks is seeming like forever. A few of my friends have heard the heartbeat at their 16 week appointments with midwife, mine wouldn't do it as she says it shouldn't be done before 24 weeks :( I can't wait for my scan, only 2 more weeks to go!

You may well have an anterior placenta still, nothing was mentioned at my 12 week scan but I was told at the 20 week one that it is anterior

The way the baby is positioned makes it harder to find the heart beats etc when there so little. When I was in hospital the midwife showed me the difference between the placenta flow sound and the babies heartbeat. She did find it hard to find heart beat last week again because of me having placenta anterior, but did eventually find it. As a mum/mummy to be don't think the worry ever fades from moment where pregnant . Hope your scans go great ladies xx

My hospital only notes the position of the placenta at 20 weeks not 12 weeks.
This is my third pregnancy and in the previous 2 i felt movement from 14 weeks. Im just over 16 weeks and have only felt flutters a couple of times. Im hoping this bodes well for a nice calm baby this time as opposed to the wakeful hyperactive loons I've already got!

Hi, I'm a little behind you at 17+3. This is my second baby as well and I still haven't felt any definite movements. The odd little flutter but nothing I can be sure of. And I definitely don't have an anterior placenta as had a private scan at weekend and they told me where it was so I can't blame it on that! I hope that helps a little. There seems to constantly something to worry about doesn't there! I hope you start to feel more very soon xxx

Ahh thanks girls, that's interesting that some hosps don't comment on placenta until 20 weeks.. Haha, deffo Princess, if it wasn't this it would be something else!! Thank you, I hope we're both getting kicks soon! xx

Haha and yes babybee, I am owed a chilled one after my 4 year old! Total nut :) xx

Hey hon, even tho these are our first people made me so anxious saying I should be feeling kicks and movement from 16 weeks but tbh I've only started feeling them from about 20 weeks. My placenta wasn't spoken about at 12 weeks but at our private scan at 16 weeks she said twin 1 placenta was anterior and low which was picked up on my 20 week scan and that can muffle movements apparently X

I too had an anterior placenta. I didn't feel baby move till 22 weeks. Don't worry xxx

Because there are so many women on here and everyone is excited to speek about early movements I think it is easy to get a funny idea about how early is 'normal'. When I said I had been feeling occasional slight movements from just before 15 weeks this time (3rd pregnancy) my MW said "oh wow, thats really early". I didnt think it was that unusual because there were other mums on here feeling movements at the same time or even earlier but she seemed really surprised.

If they didnt note the position of your placenta then I dont really think it means anything. Anterior and posterior placentas are both normal. They probably would have noted if it was super low because that can cause complications. But front or back doesnt really make any difference medically, unless prehaps you are going to get a CS.

16 weeks and first baby, I am aching to feel movements but still haven't felt anything :( xx

Don't worry Kate, it will happen soon. I was only told about my anterior placenta at my emergency 16 week scan. I don't feel consistent movement, just the odd flutter and thud. I thi K you're told not to worry til past 24 weeks xxxx

Blonde is right movements are ment to regulate around 24week mark some say start monitoring movements from then others say 28weeks. Anterior placenta is a pain not been able to feel all of baby's movements, but don't think it as any medical problems assosiated with it :) 4 out of my 5 pregnancies placenta as been anterior. Xx

I barely feel anything yet! When I say I feel movement, it's the odd little fluttery thing that feels also like it could also be wind :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back