Not Fair!!

honeyloops

Reaction score
I understand the government needs to make cutbacks, but with both me & DH being tax payers I find it unfair that the benefits are being slashed at the same time.....

The "health in pregnancy grant" non existant if you are 25weeks after 1st Jan....then think I'm right in saying they're gonna get rid of the baby element of Child Tax Credit in April (which is just before I'm due!!) So if you have a baby due in April you have missed out on both these things by a few weeks! Whereas friends that are due just before me get hundreds of pounds thrown their way! Why couldnt they stagger it!!!!

I would love to get started, but I fear I may cause upset if I do. All I'm going to say it's a joke isn't it! I'm also a taxpayer and have been all my working life. And hate the way we are treated. That is all :)

i agree with the HIP being scrapped because i dont know 1 mother that actually used it for what it was meant to be for, i aint a clue about the baby element getting scrapped not really looked into it tbh

I can see I'm going to have to look into things money wise as there seems to be so much changing at the moment! I know what you mean though.

My hubby was out of work a couple of years ago and much to his disappointment he had to attempt to claim benefits as we have a mortgage to pay. We were told that if we were renting we could get our rent paid, but because we wanted to own our own home we were penalised - they only help you out if your mortgage has gone unpaid for 13 weeks! We would have lost our home by then! Luckily he found work quickly.

I will say though - I'm entitled to the HIP grant and I'm behind you so you should get that. You had to be 24+1 by 31st December. I emailed the HIP people and they confirmed it so if you want me to forward you the email to show your midwife PM me your email.

Lauren x

i agree with the HIP being scrapped because i dont know 1 mother that actually used it for what it was meant to be for, i aint a clue about the baby element getting scrapped not really looked into it tbh

I'm probably one of the few people that used every penny on my baby-I'm skint and it really helped me.

Yeah I never understood the "helping you to eat healthy in pregnancy" thing. I'm sure a lot of people have not spent it on baby. We were going to buy a cot but have been given one now so I think I'll stick it in an account for nappies etc as I know we will be skint in April! If it turns out we don't need it for essentials it will go in babies bank account.

thats what i mean its not meant for the baby things it was meant for healthier foods but people who are pregnant should be eating a healthy diet anyway and you dont need to eat much more even someone on the lowest of money should be able to eat healthy pregnant or not, i think the sure start mat grant is a good thing but agree that its good that its changing to only be given once as i think this is fair
i totally disagree with the child benifit being given to a family that earns 80 odd thousand but not a single earner that earns 80 odd thousand its like a slap in the face for a family that only has 1 earner granted they shoulnt need it but they should make it fair

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back