Not drinking enough?

mouse9210

Reaction score
I don't think my baby is having enough formula, she is 11 weeks and according to the side of the formula box, she should be doing about 900 ml a day.

So far today she has done 500ml so there's no way she's going to get to 900!

I feed her when she's hungry...I thought doing it on demand was ok but now I wondering if I need to make sure I feed her more often? For example I went out today between 1-4 and I fed her just before I went out and wen I got back. I had a bottle with me but she didn't 'ask' for any food.

She has been in the 25th percentile line but last week dipped just under it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

The tins are just for guidelines. Does she drain her bottles? You could try offering a bigger feed instead of more. I always count in oz so not sure but don't forget any night feeds, my lo use to drink more in one go at night than day

I she sometimes drains the bottle and sometimes not.

900ml is about 30oz

And she sleeps thru the night, 12 hours normally so no night feeds!

My 16 week old still only takes around 25 oz a day so I wouldn't worry too much x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, she drank 660ml (22oz) today which doesn't seem like a lot?

The rule of thumb is roughly 5oz for every kg LO weighs per day. T's not drinking anywhere near the guidelines either but he's not skinny either x

If she's dropping below her percentile then I'd ask your Hv for advice xx

Jack has never ever drank milk according to the guidelines. He' has always been well below average. At 12ish weeks I was lucky to get 20oz down him some days. He was never really interested in milk from day one. As long as your LO is thriving and gaining weight I wouldn't worry but of course if you are concerned speak to your HV x

my 11 week old baby only takes on average 21 oz a day and shes only on the 9th centile so i wouldnt worry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back