Not drinking enough milk!

PINK BUTTERFLY

Reaction score
As some of you already know my Chloe had her 3rd set of jabs done on Thursday, they really upset her a lot more than the 1st and 2nd set so was crying most of Thursday but didn't have a tempature or anything but her legs where hurting as she went mental if we went near them so by the end of the day she only drunk 460ml but I wasn't going to make her drink anymore as she was so upset then-

Yesterday she had 630ml so better but her normal intake is approx 800ml per day but she was still a bit upset and I ended up sitting up with her until 12am until she went to sleep

Well today I think it's hit her as she has been asleep now for nearly 4 hours but thing is she still is a little bit off her milk, she has only had 4 bottles today (she usually has 5) and she has only had 490ml but she is so tired I don't want to wake her or make her drink.

Is this normal after jabs? Do you think if she is still off her milk tomorrow I should contact gp? I know it does say that around this age they can be fussy with milk but think this is because of the jabs....not worried yet but not sure how long before it can become an issue iykwim!

I like it when my baby drinks all her milk :( x

Lyla goes through stages of not wanting her milk. Some days she will drink her normal amount other days only drink half. I say the jabs could be a factor but if Chloe is happy in herself and doesn't have a temp or seem poorly then just go with her. If she is hungry she will drink xx

Lyla goes through stages of not wanting her milk. Some days she will drink her normal amount other days only drink half. I say the jabs could be a factor but if Chloe is happy in herself and doesn't have a temp or seem poorly then just go with her. If she is hungry she will drink xx

Thanks Hun :)

Yeah (apart from all day Thursday and last night) she has been happy and she is crying her her milk but just has a bit then falls asleep for approx 20 mins after each bottle-if it wasn't for the jabs I'd be thinking that she was starting to get scared to drink to much as she has realised that it sends her to sleep! X

:lol: Lyla actually went through a phase of about a week or so where she wouldn't take her bottle just after she woke up because she associates it with going to sleep. She soon got over it when she realised she was hungry! :lol: xx

Oh bless her :)

Chloe is still asleep!! We don't know what to do, I just want to sleep but we haven't even eaten yet and OH thinks she will wake up for another feed and if we put her to bed now she might wake up during the night what would be a shock as she hasn't done that for a long time! Is there a way I can sleep, eat and listen out for her at the same time????? Lol x

Could you not try to dream feed her?

I've just had to dream bum change James (not had to get him up in the night in any way, shape or form - ever - since he was 10w) and he has gone straight back to sleep.

The jabs do take it out of them but she'll be fine I am sure

xxxxxx

Last edited:
Could you not try to dream feed her?

I've just had to dream bum change James (not had to get him up in the night in any way, shape or form - ever - since he was 10w) and he has gone straight back to sleep.

The jabs do take it out of them but she'll be fine I am sure

xxxxxx

That used to work and still does sometimes now but where she is so "I'm not drinking it mummy" at the moment it might wake her up screaming. Saying that if she is like this tomorrow think I should do what you say and take the risk. I'm hoping that this long sleep will make her feel a lot better and she will be ok tomorrow and start drinking her normal amount again FX x

Oh no....she's awake, full of beans! Just changed her nappy and she has had another 100ml what's good :) don't know when she will go to sleep tonight now :-/ x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back