Not able to eat or drink!!

RainbowDash

Reaction score
Hi there! My first ever post! I'm about 8 weeks pregnant now.. And for the last two weeks :wall2::wall2::wall2::wall2:haven't been able to eat other than ice poles. I'm now throwing up even water. Doc gave me cyclizine but still not working.. Ended up at hospital last weekend and got an anti sickness injection which was fantastic. They said it was Hyperemesis and I have to just keep trying but I'm getting worried now. Any advice? This is my second baby and the first I had 'normal' nausea and a little bit of vomiting. Thanks so much !!!!

There is no cure for hyperemesis I'm afraid. I had it in my last pregnancy. Like yourself, anti sickness tablets, injection, drips in hospital My sickness was from 4 weeks to 19 weeks, stopped for a while then came back with a vengeance. They just say it's one of those things. My sickness hasn't been as bad this time but I was hospitalised around 28 weeks last time so theres still time for me.

Hope it starts to pass for you soon xx

I've had hyperemesis with both pregnancies I've not been in work since the first week in April, was also given cyclizine but like you I may as well have been taking smarties (if I could swallow them) I'm not vomiting constantly now but the nausea is still there and can be sick a couple of times a day but I can cope with that I lost 16lbs in 4 weeks but as long as I could get my folic acid in and keep it down I was happy enough, I really do feel for you and now that I'm a bit better I can say hang in there it's not forever although it may feel like forever at the time x

I feel for you! I've been in bed for 4 weeks now and have lost over 2 stone. It is miserable. I started improving at 13 weeks with my 1st pregnancy so I'm hoping its the same this time. My second pregnancy wasnt as bad. This has been the worst one.

The only thing that keeps me going is to drink water in the night because I'm not usually sick then. I try to take tiny sips in water in the day. Anything more makes me throw up.

Thank you all for relying to me. Was feeling a bit desparate! Sorry you're also going through ias it is so awfult keelyt9 and wanabe mummy can't believe you are brave enough to go through it more than once...
bunnyn you're right that it doesn't seem as bad at night. I will try and do the same thing and stay up sipping some water. Sending you all my best wishes xxx

Just wanted to ask how you are getting on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back