not able to do a sweep

pixie17

Reaction score
i went to see the sonographer today for my 39 week check up. she told me last week that if my cervix was ready she would give me a sweep. i was convinced today it would be ready because for weeks i have been having on/off contractions, lost some of my plug and the baby is well engaged. unfortunatley my cervix has softened but is still closed. so she couldnt do the sweep. i was gutted!! im now thinking this baby is never going to come. its my first baby and i know that makes a difference but i keep thinking that i am in for a long wait. can it change over night? can i suddenly go into labour even though at present it looks as though nothing is happening? is there any hope??

Didn't want to read + do a runner but I think occasionally people can be no where near ready to being ready but don't know how often etc xxx

things can change within a single day hun. so many ppl go from nothing to full blown labour in a few hours even that i wouldnt feel disheartened :)

i only ever hear of that happening with 2nd/3rd pregnancies...?

Last edited:
Hey hon, don't be disheartened! Bev's right - it can all change in a day, there's really no telling at all. In herts, they won't even offer you a sweep until 41 weeks. But two of my sisters had nothing happening at all and then that night their waters broke (around 39 +5/ 39 +6).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back