Norovirus

AnnaR2B

Reaction score
Had this blimmin norovirus...not nice. Think i picked it up from school as my poor student teacher has it too!

It actually really worried me on sat as i was sick / runs but also cramping badly, it got to the stage where i was cramping every ten mins... thought i was going into labour!!!
I rang the labour ward who told me it would pass quickly and keep fluids up (which i did and it has gone quickly!) but they also said i couldn't go in for appointment today (28 week/anti d)... so i've been re-arranged for weds.

What do i expect from the 28 week check? Normal stuff plus the anti d??? Do they do GTT as routine or only if they're concerned??
Also i've not been measured yet, will they do that??

Soz...question overload!! :hug:

I haven't had GTT so don't think they do that as routine, mine was just a normal appointment, although i have been measured everytime since about 18 wks.

Urgh, you poor thing. That is a really nasty virus. How are you feeling now?

28 appointment is just bloods, usual wee check, belly check and BP.

Better thanks, i can cope with all the sickness/toilet business, it was just the pain and cramps..i just hope the baby couldn't feel it.
So just a normal appt..thats good. :cheer:

GTT isn't routine - I had it because my BMI was higher than they would have liked. I think they also do it if there is diabetes in your immediate family or if you are of a certain ethnicity.

poor old you!!!! :hug: must be scarey being ill and having your stomach all cramped up.

At my 28 week i just had wee and bp and fundal height . Apart from the initial booking bloods, they dont do any blood tests as routine in my home authority. I think most other places check for anemia at least though!

ive only had bloods done at booking in too, not that im complaining hehe

Same as gymbabeliz- the midwife said that she might do bloods at 27wk appointment but because my iron levels were so high at booking and that I wasn't feeling tired etc there was no need to test me again until the next 30 week appointment.

I think i will have to have bloods as they usually take a sample when u have the anti d, i think...to check the antibodies... hhmmmpphhh :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back