Normal to be in pain?

MrsHop

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I was having some very strong shooting pains in my stomach last week, around my appendix scar and behind my belly button. I went to my GP after speaking to the receptionist and he took a urine sample which was all clear and had a feel of my stomach.

He said that because baby moves upwards around the 12 week mark, from the pelvis into the stomach area, that I've probably pulled a ligament or tendon that has moved out of the way for baby.

I then remembered that a few days before I'd stretched out the wrong way and it really hurt, so thought he must be right.

Then yesterday I had some more pain on the other side and I just did a really big sneeze lying in bed and it really hurt across my whole stomach and for a few seconds after!

Is this normal?! Am I supposed to be having this much pain so early on?!

Please tell me if I'm over reacting but I am a bit worried!

Thanks in advance xx

Anyone had anything similar? I'm thinking of phoning nhs direct!

I keep getting all kind of sharp pains that last for a few seconds and feels like someone has stabbed me with a long needle. With my first baby I had such strong stretching pains that I had to take paracetamol for them. So I wouldn't worry too much if they only last for short periods at a time.

I keep getting all kind of sharp pains that last for a few seconds and feels like someone has stabbed me with a long needle. With my first baby I had such strong stretching pains that I had to take paracetamol for them. So I wouldn't worry too much if they only last for short periods at a time.

Thank you kiki, I think I'm shocked how much it actually hurts and the sneeze one scared me!

It worries me if it hurts this bad now, what's delivery gonna be like :-/

Sneezed this morning and it was agony, I've been told mine is muscles and ligaments. Mine comes and goes do hope it settles for you

I went to the none emergency hospital the other night because I was doubled over with cramping and I was told exactly the same thing, everything moves up from about 12 weeks and it'll just be that :)

Sneezed this morning and it was agony, I've been told mine is muscles and ligaments. Mine comes and goes do hope it settles for you

I went to the none emergency hospital the other night because I was doubled over with cramping and I was told exactly the same thing, everything moves up from about 12 weeks and it'll just be that :)

Well I am very thankful that it's not just me!

Stretching and cramping totally normal, the progesterone kicks in now as does the placenta to keep the pregnancy safe. The progesterone softens the tissues and muscles to allow the uterus to grow and stretch surrounding structures, but unwanted side effects of that is that the ligaments everywhere else loosen giving back pain, round ligament pain and hip pain. All normal.

Stretching and cramping totally normal, the progesterone kicks in now as does the placenta to keep the pregnancy safe. The progesterone softens the tissues and muscles to allow the uterus to grow and stretch surrounding structures, but unwanted side effects of that is that the ligaments everywhere else loosen giving back pain, round ligament pain and hip pain. All normal.

Yet another thing no one tells you! Every one in work was shocked I had any pain and told me to get to the doctor

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back