Normal end of pregnancy crapness?

babybee

Reaction score
I'm 33 weeks and a few days with my 3rd baby and since Christmas day I've been feeling generally pretty shit. I've developed restless legs again and feel really breathless, my mood has got terrible too and my eyes feel fuzzy a lot of the time. Before this I was feeling great throughout all this pregnancy.
With my eldest I started to feel like this at around 35 weeks and to cut a long story short she wasn't very well when she was born at 38+5 weeks. I thought maybe the above symptoms meant pre-eclampsia and that caused the placenta problem but I was reassured by a few different consultants I didn't have pre-eclampsia and what happened was very rare and unlikely to happen again.
I didn't get any of this with my 2nd baby and she was born with no health issues whatsoever.
My iron levels have also always been very good so not sure it's linked to an iron deficiency.

So now I'm starting to worry maybe these symptoms mean something and what happened with my eldest might happen this time? Or maybe it's just how pregnancy makes you feel towards the end and I just need to suck it up? My community midwife is pretty rubbish so I'm tempted to go into triage but I'm just not sure what I would say? That I feel like crap and Im feeling quite unnerved by everything? So many pregnant women must feel like this!

I think every pregnancy is so different. My friend felt great with one of her pregnancies and absolutely awful with her 2nd and both babies were born healthy :) xx

All my pregnancies have made me feel pretty rough at some point so I would say it sounds normal to me but if you are worried it can't hurt to get checked. My MW always asked if I had any severe head aches or vision issues as they can be signs of PE. She always kept an eye out for PE because I have high BP in pregnancy but thankfully it was never an issue. Magnesium suppliments really helped me with the restless legs.

Thanks for the reassurance ladies! If im still feeling off tomorrow i think Ill probably go in and get checked.

Thanks for the reassurance ladies! If im still feeling off tomorrow i think Ill probably go in and get checked.
Yeah I would do if you are worried about it as no point sitting at home worrying :)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

If it helps I've also hit a proper pregnancy brick wall and feel miserable. I can relate to all the symptoms you've listed, I just feel so restless and cannot sit still, I feel full up to my throat and just generally so uncomfortable.. I'm sure your anxiety is heightened due to what happened last time, always worth a call to the midwife if you can't shake it. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone! xx

Thanks for that Kate. Ive cut out sugar and its made the world of difference. I have a mw appt in a few days so will just wait till then.
Happy New Year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back