NORMAL DELIVERY.. how many nights in hospital?

Dee1985

Reaction score
Hi ladies, all of you that had a normal delivery how many nights did u stay in hospital for?

when i had dior i was in a rush to get home kept askin if i could go i ended up stayin 2 nights but by the time i got home wish i hadnt i had washing house wrk cooking pay bills and every day things to do.. in hospital its just u and baby and a bed... lots of relaxing and bonding time...

if i ask to stay abit longer mayb 3nights think they wud let me lol? i just no il find it hard goin home with a one yr old crawling and into every thing...

HI Dionne,
I based my vote on how much I thought they would keep you in with you being a 2nd time mum but if you arent ready then I doubt they would make you go home after one night.
I too wont want home too soon but do you remember how noisy these joints are :doh: .

I i had two nigts stay in hospital which im glad i did as i got the chance to bond a little first with frankie and it gave me the rest i needed too.

lauramum01 said:
I too wont want home too soon but do you remember how noisy these joints are :doh: .

Exactly! I didn't sleep a wink for 3 nights due to a screaming baby!
I couldn't wait to get home!

If you ask to stay in I'm sure they would let you at least an extra night.

yh and my room was full of wierdos one woman was crazy she cryed all night louder then her baby because her stitchs hurt :think:
the woman next to me didnt speak a word of english and was shouting at her baby didnt no wot she was saying thou lol

the other woman was about 45 and left her baby crying all night and the other woman wouldnt sleep with her lil light off!!!!!!!

and i nipped to the loo i came back she had took dior out of her cot even thou she was asleep i asked her y.. her answer was "because she is cute" :talkhand: and she had a lil boy but wanted a girl she kept tellin me... i was gettin a bit freaked out by her

Mindue i was lucky with frankie i had a side room all to myself it was lovely got all the peace i needed!! Apart from when she woke up that is!

dionne said:
i nipped to the loo i came back she had took dior out of her cot even thou she was asleep i asked her y.. her answer was "because she is cute" :talkhand: and she had a lil boy but wanted a girl she kept tellin me... i was gettin a bit freaked out by her

Scary scary :evil: I would have flipped. I had a private room but in a way it was a bit lonely.

Tah i was and all i didnt mind having a room all to myself wasnt worried about being lonely atleast you get the peace though.

Probably with the second baby I will be more grateful for the sideroom and some peace but with the first I had been off work for 5 weeks before and was bored out my box :wall: . I was in on my own all day till dh came home and was climbing the walls some days, not that I could be bothered going anywhere. Im never happy :shock:

im lucky aswell cuz my hospial is olny 1 yr old, its really nice :)

They kicked me next morning after my baby was born. I wanted to get home and wanted to see my eldest but i don't think i was ready to leave. Physicaly i needed more rest and should of stayed in another night, their in such a rush to get rid of you with 2nd or more babies. Ask to stay in if you don't feel ready or you will be no use to your children, i wasn't.

how did u get a room to yourself?

i was in one nite and that was more than enough i was desperate to get home, the baby next to me was screaming all nite and the mum kept calling the MW for every lil cry :twisted: :twisted: the poor mite was hungry

Our maternity hospital is closing on the 23rd Aug and opening a new unit at the main hospital. Its all brand new but my new date is the 18th August. Im worried that there will be teething problems with it being a new unit and all. If I get a section which depending on my 37 week scan I might get I would more than likely be at the old unit which would be nice. Everyone I know was born there if they came from this area :pray:

no way would i had have Braydon in somewhere with NORWICH in it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: silly yellow n green budges

I had been i'll with sickness and diorhea before i went into labour and they wanted to keep me seperate from everyone else.

here is a outside pic of mine..

inside looks simler to yours cant find a pic thou

walsgrave11.jpg

No picture there hun? And there aint nothing wrong with norwich!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back