Noisey Baby.

NIE

Reaction score
Each morning after Adam's 4am feed, we find it difficlut to get back to sleep as he seems to have a different breathing pattern that is really noisey. Adam finds it difficlut to settle and makes grunting noises until his next feed at 8am and I'm not sure what is causing it.

My Hubby had astma as a child and I can't help worry that it's maybe a start of that. I also think it could be the rapid eye movement type of sleep that I have read about as he is constantly moving his arms and legs at the same time.

What do you think?

Daniel is 3 months old, and he is still doing it. Makes noises like there is a small piglet in the room. I think its normal, and there is nothing to worry about. Try to ignore it (i still havent learnt to do so) and go back to sleep :hug:

When Isaac was little he made weird breathing sounds too, sounds you wouldn't expect a LO to make, but its quite normal as their nasal passages are still adjusting to being outside the womb and so even though they can sound grunty and stuffy they're fine, and LO's do dream lots, they did in the womb, so REM's is not a sign for concern either, as they are still adjusting to their auto immune system so they may have odd spasms etc but always mention it to your HV if you're worried, very best wishes, your LO's look so cute!! :hug:

Thanks for the replies girls.

I seem to be on edge about everything at the moment. I suppose I better get used to it as it's all part of being a mummy and the worry will never go away.

Adam does seem to be having trouble breaking wind at the moment so I guess it does make sense for it to be wind. xxx

I assumed you've tried infacol? Fab stuff... Ryan will burp and trump in his sleep sometimes... I shouldn't laugh but it's so funny

I think that is totally normal for that age, ione was the same. I think it's wind so we tried infacol and colief but she just stopped doing it of her own accord really at around 9 weeks. It is loud isn't it? - I really couldn't sleep through it!

leckershell said:
I assumed you've tried infacol? Fab stuff... Ryan will burp and trump in his sleep sometimes... I shouldn't laugh but it's so funny

I am using Infacol with every feed. Adam seems to have problems with breaking wind and I am trying different things right now. It's just going to take a while until we find the right positions and wind relief meds for him.

It is so difficult to sleep throught the noises he makes, I get all worried and sometimes end up bringing him in bed with us. ( big, no, no, but anything for peace of mind)

Bringing him into bed isn't a no no! It's perfectly safe to cosleep as long as you follow the guidelines. My DS slept in with us from day one for a good few weeks. Then when we moved him into his own room he'd still come in with us after he woke for the first feed until he was a few months old. Now he's quite happy to sleep in his own cot in his own room and had no problems settling there. Obviously it's down to personal preference though :)

DS was a very noisy unsettled baby and would only fall asleep on his tum in bed with us after he woke the first time. Obviously not recommended!!! He does suffer with asthma (well he's being treated for it and the inhalers are working, so we're pretty sure that's what it is), but he was wheezy in the day aswell not just unsettled at night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back