Noah's journey, stalkers welcome.

Reaction score
Hello. Welcome to my journal of my little boy :blue:Noah:blue: We his parents are Samantha aged 19 and Luke aged 22 we have been together for 3 years. We got engaged on the 3rd January this year. We was expecting a little boy so we was on team blue. Noah's due date was 9th March 2012 but he decided to make a early start and entered the big wide world just 3 days ago on Tuesday 17th January 2012 weighing 3lb 6ounces and 37cms long. He couldn't wait another 52 days!!!

Noah James Matthew Newton
WELCOME

Updates will be in certain key colours.
General Noah updates
Breastfeeding/Pumping updates
Off topic updates

Noah's birth story
Just before midnight last night I began to have tightenings it didn't feel like braxton hicks, I did begin to worry which didn't help.I woke up OH - Luke, and he got the car ready, getting down the stairs was scary I felt like everything was going to 'fall out' I was crying in pain, Luke kept telling me it was ok but I could see fear in his face, in the car I was trying to get hold of my mum, of all the nights she must have had her mobile on silent, she doesn't have a house phone. This was making me panic even more as me and mum have a great relationship and I just wanted to hear everything was going to be ok and whatever happened baby would be ok. The closer I got to hospital I got a strong sick feeling, my stomach felt so tight but breathing helped with the pain. Arriving at hospital I got bloods taken which come back ok but a higher end of ok. I was hooked upon machines my oxygen levels were a little low. By 2:30ish my waters had broke. It wasn't a great gush but was certainly able to feel it, Luke called for help the midwife came and examined me and said all was fine, it really didn't seem one bit fine. by 4am the thing helping me was Luke rubbing my back, I felt so hot and sticky I thought I was melting. We was told that a bed in NICU was ready for our baby boy if the contractions didn't stop and he came early. By this point hearing that just made me go into overdrive of emotions. I didn't know what to feel, say, or do. The doctor/consultant came in after one of the midwifes had ran out the room, consultant said to us our little boy will be coming he was to distressed inside and it become safer to deliver him than to keep him put. I wanted my mum so bad and not long after she arrived just before I went down to theatre. Mummys cuddles are the best. I had the spinal block it felt so strange. I was shaking so much through fear and the medications. I was so scared this was my first operation and not something I thought would be happening to me after having such a straight forward pregnancy. My world had been turned around and full of fear. Before I knew it baby was out, I got a quick.glimpse, he looked perfect, but he was a little blue, the chord had began to wrap around his neck. He was rushed off to intensive care. We are now awaiting updates of our little man. I am still a little shakey and can't wait until we can have cuddles.

Tuesday 17th January - 12:32pm

Baby Roo who we still have a name to pick. He is on CPAP and doing well in NICU and settling in his incubator well

First breast pumping session. Tuesday 17th January 7.08pm

Have just done my first breast pumping session on both the left and right I pumped for 3 minutes on each side, left 30ml and right 35ml so when Nosh is ready for feeds he can have his first lot of colostrum.

Noah's bowel blockage Wednesday 18th January 11.19am

Noah has an infection in his bowel, something could be blocking it, he has been placed on full ventilation and been given pain killers so he is more at ease. He will be having an operation to see what is happening. Noah is on strong antibiotics. Fingers crossed all goes ok.

Update 11.42am

Noah has gone down to theatre for his operation a little earlier than expected to see why his bowel is blocked. Hopefully he isn't down for to long and when he comes out we will have some answers.

Operation successful

Noah is out of theatre and is stable, he is on a ventilator and indeed we have answers, Noah's first little poo was so soild and sticky that it got stuck and lodged in his bowel causing the blockage. He got through the operation really well and doctors say he is a little tropper. He is doing well after his bowel wash out.

2nd pumping session Wednesday 18th January 5.12pm

Have managed to pump for the second time, from the left I got 3ml and the right 2ml, I think after my big leakage pump yesterday I have gone down to expressing a small amount, they are really warm and very sore to touch, no milk appered yet. Noah is still yet to have his first milk feed will also be through a feeding tube. He is recovering from the operation, we still don't know when his first feed will be, most likely in a few days. For now I'm thankful he is stable and his bowel has been sorted FX it stays that way.

Day 3

Noah is off for xrays on his chest today, when his consultant listened to his heart he appeats to have a heart mumor. Hopefully its not to serious and won't need an operation.

Xray update

We have had the results of the xray and Noah's heart does have an open valve which was meant to have closed at birth but being that bit early it hasn't so Noah is going on a course of medication to see if that will cover it up he will be taking this for 6 days. FX the medication will work.

Managed to catch a nap, didn't think I would fine a hospital bed so comfortable but I am exhausted!!

Hey Hun xx what a time you've had! Hope Noah is feeling better soon and you manage to get some proper rest :hug: xxx hope you get some cuddles soon xx

Noah follow on of heart

Tonight Noah has had some suctioning on his lungs as due to the valve being open which should of closed at birth blood has entered his lungs. Its not a great amount but they have suctioned it out. No doubt this will be an on going while the valve is not closed so hopefully it will cover up ASAP.

Noah is a little trooper and is doing well and making small progress each day to being on the mend of course we come across new hurdles each day but Noah shows no sign of not facing them.

:hug: aww hugs chick, this must be so hard for you Nd your staying to strong xxx will be keeping you guys in my thoughts xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back