No yolk sac or fetal pole at 6w 2d

Zara86

Reaction score
I went to A&E 2 weeks ago with sharp stabbing pains in the left side of my pelvis. I was 5w 3 days at the time. I have an U/S the next day, 5w4d. Just the sac, as expected as I remember with my son having an U/S around the same time and there was nothing, just the sac. They booked me in for another U/S Tuesday, 6w 2d. The doctor said they were expecting to at least see a yolk sac, but the sac looks empty. Yet the sac is measuring 12mm which is on target for how many weeks I am and my HCG levels are at where they would expect them to be. They also found a smaller sac of 3mm, they said this is probably what they call a vanishing twin as it implanted too late to develop into a pregnancy. Anyhow, I have to go back at 7w 2d for another U/S as they think I have a blighted ovum. My friend said she had an U/S at 6 weeks and her sac was empty yet when she went back at 7 weeks there was her son and the yolk sac. I'm so worried as I don't feel pregnant and with my son I did, I knew I was pregnant before I even missed my period. I have had no bleeding what so ever and I'm just hoping that a little baba will be there next week. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? If so what was the outcome x

No advice but hope you get some positive news at the next scan x

The exact same happened to me (apart from only 1 sac was seen). I went a few weeks back and no foetal pole or HB was able to be seen. I went back Tuesday gone and I seen my little baby with a heartbeat! Think positive (I know it can be hard!) xx

I don't have any positive experiences to give to you, but when it happened to me the lady said its ok not to been seen yet and might catch up growth etc. Hope all it ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back