No work for me till after Christmas!

debecca

Reaction score
Well girls (and token man),

I have just spent most of the morning in tears, finally decided it might be a good idea to get a doctor's appointment, and she was fantastic. She says my school are being totally unreasonable and that they've had plenty of opportunities to help me out, none of which they have taken, so I'm not to worry about anything - that's their problem now.

So she's signed me off for 2 weeks which takes me to Christmas and means I don't go back till 6th Jan - and she's happy to sign me off for my last 5 weeks too to take me to ML if I don't feel right by then.

I feel SO much better now. Thank you for all your support while I've been an emotional wreck, it has been much appreciated :hug:

aww thats a lovely thing she has done for you hun.
hopefully now you can get some much need r&r time :)
manda xx

That great news hun im so pleased you have finaly sorted it out and getting the time out you and Maurice needed.

What are your plans with all this time off apart from daytime tv and putting your feet up.

Looks like we are both starting the week in a good mood.
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Oh and i need a text buddy if you want the job :wink:

Text buddy? You?! :roll:

Yeah I suppose so :rotfl:

I will PM you my number. Now I have to go and get all the exercise books and sixth form coursework together so a colleague can take it in for me tomorrow and I can FORGET about it :twisted:

Thats brill hun, i was pregant at the end of term, was due to leave summer holidays 2005 but the school just kept giving me more and more to do as if end of term is not bad enough so i ended up going on the sick for the last 5 weeks and as it happened she arrived a month early

oh thank god for that, thats brilliant hunni :hug: Im so pleased you went to docs. Put your feet up chick and give you and Maurice a well needed rest. You really didnt need all that stress and now you havent got it :D

xxxx

Yay! I'm talking to you right now LOL but thought I would post here too. I'm so glad you're finally signed off and you and Maurice! (still laughing at the explanation) :rotfl: can have some resting time! :cheer: :hug:

Poor Maurice. He's a laughing stock and he hasn't even been born yet :rotfl:

Right, I'm off to play Theme Park on my DS Lite. Very constructive I'm sure you'll agree.

Enjoy the time off and make sure you get all the rest you need x x x

Thinking about it maybe us being text buddies is not the best idea as we will probaly be in labour at the same time. :rotfl:

I hope you like the name Maurice as i think its going to stick. :cheer:

I am so jealous, I am physically and emotionally exhausted. How I dragged myself out of bed this morning I don't know. I am counting the days till Christmas (only 19 work get ups) I just have to move house, do my Christmas shopping and sort my MIL out in the meantime and then I can relax. :x

timsmom, you sound really stressed out in quite a lot of your posts at the moment... are you sure you can't just pull a sickie for one day and get yourself some sleep?

I just slept all afternoon and now I feel SO much better... it might work for you too. As for Christmas shopping, I'm just going to use the internet this year and not worry too much about it. Everyone can put up or shut up.

What's up with MIL? Or is that a question I shouldn't ask?!

Thinking of you xxx

She's been off colour for a few weeks and finally went to the doctors last week. They did some blood tests and her blood count came back at 6. We used to transfuse ayone with a hb level of 7 or below but not so in Mid Wales it would appear.

This suggests that she has a bleed somewhere and it's very worrying. Could be an ulcer or colitis or quite possibly a tumour. (Her father died of stomach cancer and she's terrified she has the same) She has been rushed through fpr a colonoscopy this afternoon ant 1.45pm so I'm hoping we know more tonight.

Its just another thing to worry about really. I'm feeling very emotional at the moment and possibly after Christmas I will take some time off with stress or the like. I need a break but I won't feel any better if I have stuff I am still worrying about.

Thanks for the post, there are some really ,lovely people on here

I am sooo delighted you got it sorted Rebecca, I was really worried about you!!
You really deserve a good rest!!!! It serves the school right, if they had given you more support you wouldn't have become so ill and tired!

I am extremely jealous!!! :D

That is so sad about your MIL. I really have my fingers crossed that she's doing all right.

I know what you mean about emotions too. When you're tired and pregnant EVERYTHING seems 100 times worse, doesn't it?

I REALLY hope all is well with MIL :hug: :hug: :hug:

It's fantastic that you have been signed off- I have been hoping for an update- I've been wondering how you've been getting on. Glad to hear that you are finally putting yourself and your baby first. Relax and take care of yourself- I hope everyting else is OK, thinking of you. :hug: :hug:

Great news rebecca!

have fun and relax!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back