No sleep! So uncomfortable and in pain:(

Lau

Reaction score
Well, as the title says, I'm lying here wide awake!!
After my delivey suite tour yesterday me and hubby were talking about bringing on labour when the time comes...
He works for a large company and has set holidays. His two weeks holiday starts on sat and he goes back the week I'm due, typical!! To make things worse he doesn't qualify for stat paternity leave as he started this job too late in my pregnancy. Because of all this, and with being fully cooked this Saturday, we are going to try everything to get bubs out in these two weeks so he has time with her...

So... Delivery suite said as long as I don't go into labour before Saturday, then I'm fine to have her at my chosen hospital.
We DTD last night, (not for bringing on labour lol) and Sod's law I've been having bad period pain and shooting back pain all night long.

What do you girls think?? Just bad braxton hicks or really really early signs??

I've got to hold out for just 2 little days lol.. If it is the early stages that's great as long as i don't go into proper labour till sat.

Such a long thread but I need to get it out but hubs is asleep!! Aaa arrrggghhh!

So much for the tour making me laid back!! Ha!!

Im wide. Awake too.hun.too hot. Busy mind with thoughts of labour too.
Tbh hun.do u want bubs to come now ....most first babies are late and at end of day she.he will come when ready. I know.we.are.fully cooked at 37 weeks but I don't think anything will bring them.early if.baby not ready.
Dtd may have given u a.few.cramps or u maybe.lucky to have started early labour.im no expert.
I can see why u want bubs early but id personally. Let nature take its course. ...
Did u decide what birth you want after the tour?? Xxx

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for her to come whenever she is ready, the main priority is that shes happy and healthy, it just makes me sad that my OH wont get time with her before he goes back to work. He can't take unpaid leave because we need the money, so it would just be nice if we have at least a few days to not worry about time off for him.
It would be me left alone with the baby at a really scary time as well. I'm a first time mom, and would like the support of hubby there to help me. Xx

I totally get that hunny im first time mum too and would probably feel same way in your circumstances. ...xxx

Yea I have my parents!
Hubby, mom and dad all works shifts, they don't have normal 9-5jobs so it's hard to know how much help I can get so I need to get used to being on my own etc... Especially when it's a night shift! Bah I'm dreading that!

I think I'm gonna go for a pool birth, I find baths quite soothing so think that may help me a lot! Do you know what your planning yet?? X

Same hun. Water birth. . Try not to stress.too much.u have people around despite at funny times.
Feel same.too I am nervous. For labour.and having a small human to care. For eeekkkkk xx

If the baby came now then it's ready to, some ladies always have early babies. I very much doubt they'll be any problems with baby at this stage. Where would you have baby if it's before Sat then?!
All the things we can do to bring on labour are a bit mythical anyway, they only work if baby is ready and labour is pending, so my mw said anyway. So don't worry.
Fx for you. Set holidays are a, pain! My hubby gets no paid hols, but new job soon means he'll accrue some. He'll have to.ask.if he can have some in advance so will be a week max and I have no family nearby:-/ Scary! X

Id have to go to a normal hospital which is absolutely fine, but the whole medical thing freaks me out. The birthing centre is very mellow and resembles a home birth in many ways!
I looked into a normal examination room and just the look of the bad made me feel really anxious, like I knew I would be in pain there lol!! I know anxiety can slow contractions down and that's defo not what I want!! Xx

ive been torturing myself for weeks thinking im goin into labour after sex...i always get bh and period pains n it last hours...but still no baby yet....ive been eating curry having loads of sex eating pineapple and curry and nipple stimulation...ahh im slowly giving up and just thinking its not worth torturing myself...i bought a ball to bounce on and that was good...feels like baby is lower. my husband is self employed but works away and he only going to take 1 week off as if he does not work we dont get money...it gonna b so hard as ive got 2 other kids...plus its summer holidays so im gonna be in for a shock...he had 2 weeeks off with both of them and it was great but 1 week just seems so short :( anyway dont stress yourself to much trying all the methods...it can get a bit disheartening when it doesnt work. With my son i tried nothing at all and he was born on his due date and with my daughter i was trying everything for 3 weeks and she was born 5 days after her due date! will keep fingers x for u guys xx

Yea I'm not really expecting it to work after reading everyone going over anyway.
These cramps are so frustrating and painful though! Especially when we didn't have sex to try and move things along, was just generally in the mood! No sleep last night is killing me now too. Loose bowels again this morning aswell (sorry TMI!)
Just gna try them anyway and see what happens! Just not gonna get my hopes up about them. I know it's my luck that ill go 2 weeks over!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back