No positive pregnancy test, convinced I somehow miscarried

Maya B

Reaction score
My last period started March 13. My partner and I had unprotected sex on March 24 and the next day I felt it in my bones that I conceived. My period never came this month just as I suspected, I’ve never missed a period in my life. I took 6 at home pregnancy tests which were all negative. I went to my gyno Tuesday and got a blood test which was negative as well. Yesterday I had no bleeding but a large bloody clot passed and nothing else. I showed my partner and he said it looked exactly like what happened when his ex had a miscarriage. I have had horrible cervix cramps and back cramps which never happen. Is this possible???

If you’ve had a blood test I think you’d probably still have a bit of HCG in your system as it can linger for awhile.

Might just be a completely random period.

Yep, for both home and blood tests to be completely negative suggests that you were never pregnant. If you were and miscarried you would definitely have levels of hcg in your system.

Think you’ve just had an odd cycle! It can happen even to the most regular, might be worth talking to your doctor about if it happens again.

Hope the pains aren’t too bad...Take care of yourself sweet xx

Agreed!
You definitely wouldn’t know if you conceived the day you had unprotected sex either lol.
Like the others have said if you was pregnant blood tests would atleast show some level of hcg and a test would have been positive.

Yup, must agree with the ladies here, the HCG takes a while for it to go down! I had a confirmed chemical over 2 years ago and my HCG was at around 20ish a week after I started bleeding. It also lasted for 11 days instead of the usual 4 days.
You might not even have ovulated, so the lining of the uterus takes a bit longer to shed. It might even be a bit darker in colour since it's a bit older blood already.
Take care hun, better luck next cycle!x

You almost definitely delayed ovulation and therefore your period by convincing yourself you were pregnant as soon as you had sex. It’s amazing what the mind can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back