No period for a year after coming off Pill

Victoria0103

Reaction score
I was wondering whether anyone can offer me support and good stories. I came off the pill in October 2015 to start trying for a baby and I haven’t had a period since. All my hormone levels were normal and blood results come back normal. I had been on the pill for 9 years but my periods before that were all fine and regular as far as I remember. I was referred to see a gyno who has prescribed me Provera for 10 days to start my periods. I am currently on my last few tablets and hoping for my periods to start after this. Did peoples periods start back naturally after taking Provera? Can anyone offer me any support?

Hi Victoria :) I'm afraid I haven't had the same experience as you from being on the pill, but I was on the depo injection until Jan 2016 and it took until July for my periods to come back. I still don't think they've gone back to normal, although the hormone tests I've had (for an unrelated problem) were all normal.

I've seen some ladies on here and other forums that have taken Agnus Cactus to help regulate/restart their periods. I haven't taken it myself but am considering it if my periods haven't settled by the new year.

Maybe worth having a read online about Agnus Cactus and seeing if it sounds like you want to give it a try.

Good luck :)

Hi victoria. It took over a year for me coming off the depo! My periods were irregular when they finally came. I cant offer any further advice because it took us years to get pregnant BUT i have friends who got pregnant the first month coming off the pill so maybe its just waiting to see how things go. It might be worth if after 6 months or so you dont get pregnant asking for blood test to check that you are ovulating each month. Xxx

Last edited:
..... I wish that they really explained what happens with the depo or pill re your fertility when you go regularly!! I felt really let down when i started ttc because i felt i had caused the problems by being on the depo so long. X

Hi Victoria. What pill where you on if you don't mind me asking ? I am 6 months off cilest and still waiting so can only imagine how anxious you must be. I've just had my docs blood test results back and all hormone levels fine they basically said I just have to wait. So horrible not knowing what is going on :( xx

I was Microgynon for over 9 years. It is so frustfrating waiting for it to come back. No one ever tells you these things when you are on it. I am going to look into Agnus Cactus.

Hi not sure how much help I'll be but I haven't had a period either and I was prescribed the same as you for me it didn't work but it's possible I could have other issues but my gynae did tell me if that didn't start things off there is something else they can give you to make it happen and my gynae told me on this situation she's always had success hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back