No one is listening!

Kitten1991

Reaction score
I have been to the Assessment unit at Lincoln 4 times now with Reduced FM and Severe unbearable rib pains.... this is throwing my anxiety in the air because they just don't hear me! I have had a high pain thresh hold since i was around 10... due to this sometimes i don't feel pains until it is nearly too late: Example when i was 14 i had an abscess in my mastoid bone and didn't feel any pain until it was nearly too late... at which point Drs just fobbed me and my mum off as it being an ear infection... £60 taxi ride later... i was admitted to childrens ward under ENT and Head Paed for an emergency operation and 4 weeks in hospital.

I have been having these pains for 3 weeks including intense tightenings (BH i pressume) lower back pain and period like pains.... Today they have been F* horrendous! To the point i have had to stop doing what ever i am doing to let it pass.

Each Dr/Consultant has a different view of whats wrong... the consultant i saw today blamed everything on my Anxiety, spoke down to me and made me feel like a speck of dust on her shoe... i walked out of my appt leaving my mum in there... i am in that much pain and cant take codine because of how ill it makes me (another thing they aren't listening too) and literally just want this pregnancy over! I am almost 37 weeks pregnant and they want me to wait until 40 weeks before offering any solution!

I spoke to the perinatal team as i was told i needed to see a mental health team urgently and be medicated... told them exactly what i have told every other idiot at ULT and guess what.... THEY DONT WANT TO SEE ME UNLESS IT GETS 10,000 times worse.... That says it all!!!

I am not the only person i'm aware of who has experienced this with Lincoln's Drs and Midwives...

I have said repeatedly i cannot carry on this pregnancy much more because of the agonising pain i am in and paracetamol just isn't touching anything!

I am at such a loss here!!! My Brother and sister were born at 35 weeks, my sister was fine and healthy, brother had issues but they were aware of that because sister took up all the space... i was born at 36 happy and healthy baby... we have a major family history of still born babies and no one in my family has gone past 37 weeks due to this...

Apparently i cant change hospitals because i haven't been treated by the right MW team through the pregnancy... and unless Lincoln are going to stop blaming it all on Anxiety issues (Caused by them) i will be refusing their bloody treatment! And i have already said i refuse to be seen by the same consultant! I mean what imbosil turns around to a pregnant woman and says are you going to kill yourself?!?! I MEAN WTF!!!!!!!

Is our National health service getting worse or is it just the Lincolnshire trust??????

I feel your pain in this one. My last pregnancy I never had many FM and was at the hodpital 4-6 times a week for traces, I was in so much pain with ligaments too (at one point almost induced at 35 weeks because they thought I had a womb infection) my anxiety made me cry every day from about 13 weeks and they wouldn't induce me until 39+6... I also I had very low fluid and was having weekly scans.

Unfortunately a lot if hospital policies state that unless there is a real risk to baby or mother that they won't do anything until 40weeks.

I've been having bad BH for weeks, period pains, back pain and pressure. I can barely walk down the stairs, but I can't have anything before my section at 39+1.

Getting yourself so worked up and stressed isn't going to help you and isn't going to change their view... Believe me... Push for induction as soon as they can do it because there's not much else they can/will do.

Last edited:
Thank you!

It probably sounds awful but pleased I'm not the only one because that's how it's been feeling

I know it's hard when you have anxiety - last time I had so much anxiety that I was crying in labour because I didn't feel
Like I would bring a baby home! I was shaking in a daily basis crying and I was a wreck! It was t any good at all... This time movement has been better which helps and I'm so much calmer about it all.

Could you go to another hospital and present as an emergency, and unable to get to Lincoln? Maybe try S****horpe or somewhere Newark way, just say ur visiting and are distressed as foetal move,mets have suddenly reduced?
Just thinking out loud, on a way to get checked at another hospital xx

Last edited:
UPDATE** I've managed to get an appt with a different consultant on wednesday, as well as physio to try and help the pain... and on top of that managed to get some ibroprufen gel prescribed (but that isn't really helping)

Little missus is going crazy right now!

I seem to be having a few BH/Contractions tonight... timing them at the moment seem to be 6 mins apart for about 2hrs then goes silent for 20 mins then a bit erratic and evening back out to 6 minutes... pain is bearable so i don't think it's the real deal.

If things don't bear well on wednesday again at lincoln i am going to Speak directly to Grimsby's unit about a transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back