No of feeds a day

kellylou

Reaction score
Just wondering how many feeds you have a day? Dd is 9 days old and is on roughly 10-12 feeds a day lasting about 15 mins each time, with 2 feeds between midnight and 7am is this enough to keep my supply up?

At that age babe should feed between every 2-3 hours which sounds like she is and 2 feeds at night sounds about right.

That sounds good, the important thing is to let baby feed whenever she wants and as said above every 2-3h is about right. Well done

Thanks she's jaundice so seems to be sleeping a lot so waking her for feeds find my breasts are sore.so have to express to relieve the pressure.

Honestly at nine days old I couldn't tell you how many times she fed as I didn't keep count.
It's really best to try not to clock watch or keep count, just feed as much as you can. If she's sleepy don't let her go more than a couple of hours between feeds (daytime) and no more than 3 hours at night until she's no longer jaundice/sleepy and is past birth weight and gaining well, & self waking for feeds etc.

50,000 times it felt like!!! But realistically about every 2 hours then cluster fed all evening... But that settled eventually. Well done!! Xx

We pretty much feed every 3 hrs if not less, I got an app to help me track as my son stopped waking in the night and I couldn't get enough milk in. So far so good

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back