No movement pattern.. Normal?

MariaIsabella

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Does everyone feel a movement pattern throughout the day? My baby moves randomly and have no pattern since one day she oves a lot in the morning and then the other a lot in the evening. She always moves when i eat though. This has been the case throught my pregnancy as far as i remember.

Mw told me to report change in patter but what if there is not pattern at all?? Mw also said that this can be my babys pattern ( random movements ) but hard to know if its normal or not.

Have only called midwife once regarding movements when i couldnt feel much one day but never since since i feel her a lot. Perhaps i should though?

Anyone in a similar position? Xx

Mine is like this but they say not to worry till 28 weeks. Mine still doesn't really have a pattern but I'd say she is more active in the eve. X

Yeah I am the same. I'm 31 weeks and my movements differ day to day.

He is most active in the evening but sometimes he barely moves. Day movement can also vary - so I worry I won't notice a change in pattern.

I've been told I will probably have a gut feeling if things don't feel normal. If in doubt I'd always say call midwife.

If your working it might be a case you just don't notice them throughout the day, I always get kicks first thing in the morning and then on my commute home and in the evening.

They do sleep and have non movement parts of the day, if your ever worried just lie down for an hour with a glass of water, if nothing after that give the MW a ring.

I have never had a pattern (I'm 41 weeks tomorrow!!). Iv been in a couple of times with 'reduced movement's but have found by at alot of the time baby is moving, I just can't feel it. Iv moaned to the midwives about how ridiculous the whole 'anything different from normal', when it's hard to say what normal is as a first timer.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!

I know, hate the whole "different from normal".. My normal is kicks/movements at random times then :)

True about not noticing when you're busy working and i do notice more on trains from and to work but she does move all day long.

What i want to understand is if i should only worry if movements stop? Xx

My sister in law didnt feel her baby move more than 5 times through her whole pregnancy she was telling me yesterday! xx

I'd say if you are worried at all, give them a call.

I personally play it by ear a bit. If iv not noticed any movement, I find a quiet time to focus on baby. Hot or cold drink, something to perk them up a bit. If that works (and most times, cause I've been concentrating it's been ok) then I carry on with my day.

Like I say though, if you are worried, the best thing you can do is give the midwives a call. Better to be checked and know it's all ok, than to worry

It is a difficult one to judge. Personally I only worry if I notice baby being quieter than normal as he is normally very active most of the time. But I think I am quite lucky in that I am constantly feeling movement. I'm 32 weeks and feel like I feel every single movement - baby is on the big side apparently tho. I say trust your own instincts and if u are concerned something isn't right then it's always best to check xx

It is a difficult one to judge. Personally I only worry if I notice baby being quieter than normal as he is normally very active most of the time. But I think I am quite lucky in that I am constantly feeling movement. I'm 32 weeks and feel like I feel every single movement - baby is on the big side apparently tho. I say trust your own instincts and if u are concerned something isn't right then it's always best to check xx

Think we are quite similar, 32 weeks tomorrow and i feel movements all day long but times vary. I guess i only asked since there is no pattern ( some women say they feel more in evenings/ mornings etc ) but i don't. My baby is very active as well which is why i haven't worried much, only one day when she was quiet so will trust my instinct.

She is super active sometimes and the kicks hurt ( even though she is a little small ) so suspect she will be a handful when she arrives :) xx

I would go with your gut instinct.
I have spoken to lots of people who said their baby never had a pattern so everybody is different. If it feels different to what you're used to I would defo call up for some reassurance.

Mw and I decided that my baby's pattern was to have no pattern! ;-)

I'm 35 weeks tomorrow and definitely don't have a pattern. She just wriggles about at random times in the day

Think we are quite similar, 32 weeks tomorrow and i feel movements all day long but times vary. I guess i only asked since there is no pattern ( some women say they feel more in evenings/ mornings etc ) but i don't. My baby is very active as well which is why i haven't worried much, only one day when she was quiet so will trust my instinct.

She is super active sometimes and the kicks hurt ( even though she is a little small ) so suspect she will be a handful when she arrives :) xx

If it's any consolation Maria my daughter was SUPER active in the womb, literally never stopped but when she was born was the most settled baby ever, literally fed slept and smiled! Hopefully these babies are the same 😊😊 xx

If it's any consolation Maria my daughter was SUPER active in the womb, literally never stopped but when she was born was the most settled baby ever, literally fed slept and smiled! Hopefully these babies are the same ���� xx

haha, hope so! x

I would definitely say go by your instinct if it feels different or less call your midwife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back