No movement at 16 weeks. Anyone else?

MariaIsabella

Reaction score
I am 16 weeks today and keep reading that its normal to feel movement now. I have felt absolutely nothing! I am not sure about the placenta but did not hear anything about it be anterior ( which can cause delays in feeling anything ).

Is this normal? Starting to feel a bit anxious since most women feel something my now. xx

Is it your first baby ? I've felt this baby a bit but it's
My second and the say it's normal to start feeling baby anything from 16-25 weeks it varies for everyone x

Yes, my first baby.

Thanks for replying. It would be a little reassuring to feel something :(.

x

16 weeks with your first would be really early to feel anything - most women wouldn't have felt anything by this point, I'm not sure where you got that from. I remember feeling flutterings when I was 18 weeks with my first and getting all anxious with my second baby as my mw said I would probably feel things earlier - turned out I had an anterior placenta with my second, so didn't feel anything until around 22 weeks.

I know it's easy to say, but try not to worry. It's very early to feel anything at all xx

With my first I didn't feel anything until 25 weeks! Dont worry

Thanks, that made me feel better :).

It was when I searched for when its normal to feel movements ( Since I cant wait ) it came up, 13-14,16 weeks etc.

Have a private scan this week to find out gender so will know then all is fine :)

x

This is my first too and i didnt feel anything till just over 20 weeks. Xx

Same here Maria and this is my 4th! I had private scan last week and they told me I've an anterior placenta which is why I haven't felt him yet. Good luck with your scan that's exciting. I think it's normal with first pregnancy not to have felt baby move just get xx

I was told it's Not normal to feel anything at that stage, midwife said it must be gas! :wall2:

I'm almost 22 weeks and iv not felt her and my placenta is at the back.

I only started to feel baby last week. Im 23+2 with second baby. Try not to panic 16 weeks is still very very early :)

Isn't it funny how everyone is so different! I wonder why some feel it earlier than others?

I didnt feel anything till about 20-21wks with my 1st.

Around 15-16wks this time. Could be to do with placenta position though as with me it was anterior with pregnancy no1. But it is posterior this time.

But I know everyone is different. Could be down to our body sizes too xx

Last edited:
I didnt feel anything till about 20-21wks with my 1st.

Around 15-16wks this time. Could be to do with placenta position though as with me it was anterior with pregnancy no1. But it is posterior this time.

But I know everyone is different. Could be down to our body sizes too xx
I agree, I felt baby at 18/19 weeks first pregnancy but didn't feel this one till much later but placenta is anterior this time :)

I was told it's Not normal to feel anything at that stage, midwife said it must be gas! :wall2:

I am adamant I can still feel baby moving and I am only 13 weeks! I felt it a couple of weeks ago and I feel it in the evenings! xx

I was told by midwife I wouldn't feel anything till much later being first baby but at 16+5 I felt baby it def wasn't gas I'm a very gasy person and I know what's gas. So now 17+1 and I can see my tummy move when the baby kicks. My mum says it's because I'm very skinny only 100lbs so maybe that's why. The movement isn't very regular as baby is still very small so I bet in a few weeks it will become more frequent. I think everyone is different so there is no normal time.

I am adamant I can still feel baby moving and I am only 13 weeks! I felt it a couple of weeks ago and I feel it in the evenings! xx

Mine started at 11+5 I think - and was in the evenings too :). Who knows why some people feel it earlier! She's full on rolling and punching now at 22 weeks (still a lot in the evening) xx

With first baby not likely to feel anything before 20-22 weeks and even then only mild flutters! Not sure who told u u would be feeling movement by 16 wks but they are misinformed! Dont think i felt actual kicks till around 27 weeks x

Yes there's such a range! I felt my first at 14 weeks, second at 8 weeks and this one at 9 weeks. Many many people don't feel their babies until well after the halfway point though!

Thanks everyone,

Carla81, no one actually told me but was researching a little and found out people started to feel something as early as 11 weeks ( as can be seen on this post ). Seems everyone is different so I will be patient and wait :)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back