no more temping this cycle!

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by Bellarina, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Bellarina

Bellarina Well-Known Member

Well girls iv established that my thermometer must be duff so im not going to use it for the rest of cycle

The instructions say that wen u turn it on it shood show the last temp u took before sayin "lo" (mesning ready for u to use)
    Well the last week or so its been showing the same temp every day and not the last one aken. But i didnt think anything of it.
    Anyway i took my temp this morning an was expectin it to b quite high as i was really warm (hubby has been tellin me last few days he cant sit/lie too close to me as im too hot)....but it was low...too low even to put on my paper graph as off the chart. I converted to celcius online and was well below normal temp

so if i do end up havin another cycle il b usin a good old fashioned glass tgermometer as digi ones obv dont like me

xxx

2. ceebee

ceebee Well-Known Member

Rubbish!! You could give babymad a try, but yes, perhaps the glass ones might be better for you - don't forget you have to shake it down before you go to bed the night before... xxx

3. Bellarina

Ye i think mum has one somewhere as she used to b a nurse so i think il b better with that. Really miffed tho! Xxx

4. ceebee

ceebee Well-Known Member

Maybe you're one of these people who has a strong electrical charge, so that's why electrical stuff doesn't agree with you?!! Do you find it with other electrical things too??!! xx

5. Bellarina

Funny u shood say that whenever i turned light on at grandparents always had like a static shock but noone else did. Gramp was an electrician an took it all spart but coodnt find anythin wrong. So i could b lol xx

6. ceebee

ceebee Well-Known Member

Haha! Looks like it's the old glass one for you then hon :) Oh well, don't give up hope and it's nearly 4 days til testing :) I'm off out tonight to cinema, so will catch up with you tomorrow... Hugs :) xxx

7. Bellarina

Oooo hav fun xxx

8. itisbabytime

itisbabytime Well-Known Member

hun remember it must be a basal themometer not a fever themometer - not sure if you get glass ones like that??

9. mrspc

mrspc Well-Known Member

itisbabytime, what cycle day do you start temping? Could i buy thermometer when AF comes and I know I'm out? Might start tempting next cycle, been putting it off cos it seems a hassle but my cycles are reg so it might give me some accurate info.
    xxx

#9 mrspc, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  10. Bellarina

awe man!!! i think its a normal one....grrrr!
    well fx i wont need one if i get bfp on weekend (tho i doubt it)

xxxx