No milk in the middle of the night....

Amanda W

Reaction score
my daughter is 11months and she should be sleeping thru the night but shes not now my health visitor said at night/early morning when she wakes up give her juice that's it she will moan for a few nights but she should get the idea and start sleeping thru what did everyone do to get their lo to sleep thru BUT a friend of mine just told me i should not give her juice because it will keep her awake????

My boy is 1 and has never slept through! He seems to be waking now though because he is so restless it's like he wakes himself up eventually!

Maybe try giving her water instead? Not sure that really diluted juice would have enough sugar to keep her awake though?

Either way I guess juice or water in the idea that she is waking from thirst instead of hunger?

Im not sure... I think if you're picking her up and giving her anything she is getting some interaction with you, so may encourage her to keep waking?

My mum gave us water during the night and she said we soon learned that we wouldn't be getting food so started sleeping through x
I'll be doing it with Grace in a few weeks as she only wakes for 1 feed between 8pm-7am but she's only 10 weeks so not ready to do it yet

i dont talk to her or pick her up i just give her some juice and let her carry on then when she does wake up she has a bottle

Ellie didn't sleep thru til she was 3 :( she would always wake for milk and hv told me not to give it to her too.. Give it a try it will be worth it if it works! Be persistent if it doesn't work the first night it may the second or third.. Even seventh!
Good luck xx

I just stopped giving milk after 9 months old as thats when my weaning book said its fine to completly cut out the night feeds as they have done most of their growing and should be getting their main energy and calories from day time bottles and food.

I didn't give any water or juice I just gave him a dummy and put him back on his back and tucked him in and ignored him for five minutes and did that until he gave up.

I heard that if you give them water they'll stop waking up in the night because they'll get peed off they're not getting any milk :lol: Juice tastes much nicer than water so perhaps give water a try? Good luck! I think I might possibly do this with Grace when she's older xxx

Jack's 6.5 months and wakes every morning at 3am and has a feed. I really don't think just giving him his dummy back would make him go beck to sleep. I'm considering trying to rock him back to sleep (we usually rock him to sleep) but i'm almost positive he'll wake up an hour later because he's genuinely hungry. The longest amount of time he's ever slept at night is 5 hours, it was bliss, although I do love my quiet cuddle time with him when everything is silent :) x

Jack's 6.5 months and wakes every morning at 3am and has a feed. I really don't think just giving him his dummy back would make him go beck to sleep. I'm considering trying to rock him back to sleep (we usually rock him to sleep) but i'm almost positive he'll wake up an hour later because he's genuinely hungry. The longest amount of time he's ever slept at night is 5 hours, it was bliss, although I do love my quiet cuddle time with him when everything is silent :) x

I'd just continue with the bottle til he is 9 months but thats what I'd do anyways. As they need nighttime feeds until 9 months for growth x

A few months ago I stopped giving Sophia drinks in the night. If she woke and couldn't get herself back to sleep I would hold her for a bit, and sometimes she still needs that if she's not very well, but she quite often sleeps 11 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back