No fear!

rredfern

Reaction score
Do pregnancy hormones make you less fearful?

As I've got older, I got a lot more wimpy, and I would actually almost faint when the nurse took my blood. I had total anxiety about everything. Since I had my 12 week scan I have totally changed. I couldn't care less when they take my blood, I could let them do it all day, and I actually feel really defiant about giving birth now too! almost as though I'm looking forward to battling the pain, I just feel like 'bring it on!', is this normal? or does anyone feel frightened about giving birth etc?

Ha ha I know what you mean! I was such a private shy person and was terrified if needles etc but since my last preg which sadly ended in mc, I feel so used to being prodded and poked and internally examined (!) I'm just not bothered any more! For this bubba I'll have anything done if it means s/he'll be ok! Xxx

I've done the same. I'm enjoying it, I'm hoping it lasts through giving birth and beyond! :lol:

Yes i think each one does make you braver and more life experianced, those hormones have alot to answer for as i always fall out with my mum when preg as i cant just let things she says go over my head like i do normally for the sake of peace.
She does know this after all my pregnancies, you'd think shed hold back more ha !

I say things like it is and then after baby i mellow out again, but i keep a little bit more bravery each time ha

thanks folks, It's interesting to know it's not just me. At the moment I'm a bit exhausted but still feeling good about the whole experience. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back