No Appetite and Weight Loss in First Trimester

Dolores

Reaction score
Hi all!

Very new here, this is my 3rd post.

I am about 6-7 weeks pregnant and although I have been lucky to now and have no morning sickness, I just have no appetite AT ALL!

It's so strange, I have to force myself to eat. I want to drink loads (I've been drinking plenty of bottled water), but apart from that, nothing.

It's great if it's not harming the baby as I'm trying not put on as little weight during pregnancy as possible. I'm used to being a fairly slim girl (size 8) and I really don't like the idea of putting on 30 pounds and feeling like a huge walking mass while pregnant!

Anyone experienced this or found they lost weight in their first trimester?

Any healthy pregnancy eating tips welcome too!

Many thanks,

Dolores x

I lost 1 stone in my first trimester, but that was due to sickness. I literally went 9 days without eating or drinking ANYTHING.
The doctors said at that stage - the baby is getting everything it needs from the stores I already have, and that it was me who was in danger, not the baby.

So for now, from that point of view, I wouldn't worry.

I have now gone the other way in my 2nd trimester, and the only time I don't feel sick, is when I am eating. So I am eating a lot!! So it has balanced itself out.

However, if you are not eating just because you want to "put as little weight as possible on" - I would re-evaluate this! Your body knows what it needs, if you are hungry - you need to eat!

I am doing slimming world, and have gained 7lb (I am almost 19 weeks) and am happy with that. It's just cooking things from fresh, making sure I get enough dairy and fibre. BUT if I am craving maccies - I have one!! Due to being so ill and losing electrolites - my body started craving maccies chips because they are full of salt, and my body wanted to replace all the salt I had lost from being so dehydrated. So you definitely need to listen to your body xx

I agree with what was said above, listen to your body - if you are hungry then eat but if you honestly aren't then losing weight in the first trimester isn't an odd thing.

I also agree with trying slimming world if you are just worried about gaining too much weight (I am the same as I know I put on loads with my son so I wouldn't want to do the same again) This time around I plan on following slimming world during pregnancy (when we do get pregnant anyway) as they have a plan that is safe to follow when pregnant. You just eat more of the healthy extra's than you do when following the plan for weight loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back