No alcohol help..please!

vic30

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I'm on cd2 and this will be our first cycle ttc. Had a miscarriage in may so this obviously may still be on the mind of family/friends if I say I'm not drinking. Now, It's my mum's 65th on the 19th and we are going out for a meal. It's my cousin's wedding on the 26th. I know may even not be even conceiving or having implantation then, but just incase, how bad is it to have a little glass of wine or similar? I know when ttc It's good to cut down on alcohol.or not have any at all. I suffer with dizziness on a daily basis and bad headaches at least twice a week so I've always got that, yet that doesn't bother me drinking usually! I wouldn't be bothered on a normal night out or meal, but these two occasions are neither of those!

Any good non drinking ideas or opinions on alcohol when ttc? Can't use driving excuse on these occasions due to taxi and staying at the wedding venue!?

Thanks in advance and by the way, i rarely drink 2 units during a week and mostly go a month without drinking at a time so It's not like I'm a big drinker and goes without saying that the possibility of a little one is way more important. It's just my polka face ain't great!!

Vicki xx

I think it's a matter of personal choice. I don't think it hurts to have a couple of small glasses of wine. I'm not a big drinker myself so I'm a lightweight and feel tipsy after 1 glass these days lol. If you don't feel comfy drinking say your on antibiotics or some other medication that means you can't drink.

Thanks for your reply :) yes I was only thinking about having a glass of bucks fizz for my mum's birthday then the toast drink at the wedding. Antibiotics...didn't think of that. It's a good one! xx

I agree it's personal choice

Although we've been ttc for 15 months now and at first I did worry about alcohol in the tww but you can't put everything on hold as you get miserable, hopefully this will be a nice quick bfp for you

But don't worry about a few drinks a lot of girls drink and don't even realise they are pregnant and all is fine xxx

Good luck xxx

BabyDust *****

Thanks. I had thought that about girls not knowing they're pregnant and drinking, I just think I'm over thinking it with having had a miscarriage. I'll go for the antibiotics trick and have a few sips of fizz to be less obvious! It's not like I usually get wasted or anything hehe..plus I've just bought some rose non alcoholic wine from Sainsburys to try...It's lovely Now I can look like an soak whilst sitting in the garden! Haha.

Thanks, I hope It's quick too :) xx

Baby dust to all!

I cut right down on alcohol for a year, it didn't make any difference apart from making me feel miserable so I went back to drinking moderately and felt much more relaxed!

A trick so you don't have to explain yourself is to have one glass of wine then get it topped up with something non alcoholic and no one will notice!

Good idea...I'll do that Blueflower!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back