Nipples

Kirsty.Y.84

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Just wondering, have any of you experienced 'thickening' of the skin around the nipple? My left nipple seems very thick and sort of....tough. Its hard to describe but I'm just a bit worried as I know changes in nipples are common in pregnancy, but just one nipple?
It's worrying me as I also know nipple changes can be a sign of breast cancer, and while I know it's unlikely, I don't just want to dismiss it as a pregnancy symptom if it's not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks x x

i have just written about this in my journal as my left nipple has gone a bit harder but also more painful than the right and i'm not sure if mines a blocked duct as it seems to have a creamy coloured spot on the surface :/ xx

both f mine have a creamy coloures spot on then notcied the other day x

the creamy coloured spots are some sort of gland... the name escapes me... which produces oily stuff to help protect and moisturise your nipples for breastfeeding. I can't say if mine are different between left and right, but they have certainly changed. I'm quite horrified... :shock: :D xx

My left nipple was quicker than my right nipple in respects to colour and changes, my right nipple has now overtaken and I have noticed it has got tougher and more 'leathery' not the right word but the only one I can think of!!

Also the pain is normal I would say I have about 5 attacks of really vice like pain in just my nipples every day, I find taking my bra off and having a good squeeze/scratch ( i know it's painful) but it works :)

My boobs are my only complaint at the moment about pregnancy symptoms, now if I could shift this cold and cough!!

My boobs are my only complaint at the moment about pregnancy symptoms, now if I could shift this cold and cough!!

Same here, i caught my DD's cold before Christmas and just when i think its subsiding and i start to feel semi normal again its back!!! Grrr!!! Roll on warmer weather xx

I have a couple of nipple attacks a week where I end up crying in pain!!!! Usually starts with being too cold then the pain in my nipples lasts for about 10 excruciating minutes. I can't seem to do anything to help take the pain away. But can't complain if that's all I'm suffering!

I have a couple of nipple attacks a week where I end up crying in pain!!!! Usually starts with being too cold then the pain in my nipples lasts for about 10 excruciating minutes. I can't seem to do anything to help take the pain away. But can't complain if that's all I'm suffering!

I feel your pain......No I mean literally, I have had days where I just wanna cut the buggers off!!!

Try taking your bra and top off and waling round with nothing on top :lol:, I have found that is the only thing that works for me is realeasing the pressure of clothing!!! Of course you will have to put it back on when in respectable society :lol::lol::whistle:

My boobs were absolutely fine until recently. Went to centre parcs. Went outside in the pool and wow did it hurt! And I could have cut glass! Since then iv noticed the cold really affects them. Oh and they have gone a horrid colour! But apart from that iv not noticed any texture changed or anything.

oooh i hate it when they get cold it really stings x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back