Nipple as dummy

Blueclass

Reaction score
Help! My just turned 11month old uses my nipple as a dummy and when I take her of she just cries and cries untill I give it back to her. If tried her with dummies but she dont want them. Its really starting to bug me and get me down. What can I do?

Is this at night or in the day as well? My lg did this at night for 9 months and it really got me down in the end so I had to stop co sleeping and used the gradual retreat method to get her sleeping alone and without boob! Xx

What's that method? She does is both day and night x

I lay by her cot until she falls asleep, was actually meant to move myself slightly further away each night but actually after a few nights I could just put her down and she'd be ok. Sometimes had crying for less than 5 mins x

She is in a cot and wont lay down. She feeds to sleep almost most nights. I dont want to stop feeding her but I feel it may be the only way x

Yeah my lg fed to sleep every night too, I just had to be tough (which I hated) I still fed her before bed in the lounge then put her to bed. Only took a couple of bad nights before I saw huge improvements x

Hope I don't sound like a dick saying this (sorry if I do) but just to point out that nipples were around long before dummies, so what really happens is that people replace nipples with dummies, NOT the other way round!

I have nothing against dummies by the way, mine wouldn't take one either (we tried SO many times) and we fed to sleep most nights. We never coslept though as I could never properly relax so I would always pop him in his cot once he was asleep. I can completely relate to feeling fed up of being a dummy and I bf till 16 months and in the end the only way I stopped the "nipple dummy" was by putting him on a bottle (cows milk as he was 12+ months). I needed to stop anyway as my periods hadn't come back and we wanted to ttc again. He settles a million times quicker on a bottle than on boob (like, 10 mins v 1+ hour) and I actually really love the new phase, although I thought I'd be really sad about it.

Just sharing what worked for us anyway - I know everyone's different and you might not want to go down that route, just throwing it out there xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back