Nightmare in Laws...anyone else?

twinkle90

Reaction score
I can't beleive the in laws. We asked them if they wanted to spend time with dd1, this weekend. And they answer back was "you need to spend time with dd1 or she will feel left out" who the fuck do they think they are!!!! 😠😠😠😠😠 what the hell do they think we do all day every week. Do they think we dont do anything. Shes our daughter for goodness sake. They've made out we do nothing.Yet it's them that can't be fucked with their grandchildren unless it's the eldest who's 5 (OHs brothers daughter) And they have her every weekend.
The in laws do spend money and spoil her in a sense and have taken her out a few times. But they still seem to favour the eldest.

Families eh who would have them!! I had in law problems more with my ex's family when I had DD1, its incredibly stressful! Just say, "ok no worries, of course shes with us every day but you know, we just leave her to fend for herself of course and want to palm her off on you at weekends" something really sarcastic (thats just my style lol) and maybe it will be a bit of a wake up call!

My new in laws are incredibly uninterested in all of their 5 grand children which I am kind of relieved about because my ex family were far too involved and over powering xx

Yeah, my ex inlaws were the other way and were constantly badgering us to go to their house and to have our eldest on their own without us there :/ that was right from when he was only about 1.

We used to have to go round every weekend for a couple of hours, it was a drag. At one point they had us coming round for dinner one night a week too, but not like a family meal, me and their son (my now ex) had pizza & chips in the kitchen while they sat in the living room and played with their grandchild.

They were very overbearing as well (they would constantly follow the toddler around the room and try to get him to do this or that like a performing seal. It was tiring and frustrating to witness).

Now their dad takes them on his own on a weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back