Night time bottles?

I take bottles fild with water up stairs when i go to bed and fill them with the formula when needed x

I used to take the formula in a pot and a flask of boiled water up. I always left a cold jug of water on my bedside table so I didn't have to leave my room when she woke! X

I just took cool boiled water up there already so didnt need cooling, it was ready to drink. x

I make it and put in an insulated bag x

When you take the boiled water is it in a seperate flask or in the bottle?

It's such a minefield. I was going to make the bottle up ready and take it in a thermal bag but not sure if you can do that otherwise will add formula when required.

Going to use instant tonight though!xxx

Mines cooled boiled in the bottle. i dont heat it or anything. just add the formual when needed x

Eeek. I've got a totally different method..... I make up 5 feeds at a time and keep them in the fridge then when wee man wakes in the night I warm it in a bowl of boiling water, takes about 3 mins, just so its body temp.

I tried the flask thing today when out and about but found the water cooled down quite a bit and I was under the impression you had to add the powder to the water when it was still quite hot to kill the bacteria in the powder.....

Ive never heard of that? Ive done it this way with both my daughters? Am i doing it wrong? x

I first heard of it when discussed on this forum and then my HV gave me the NHS booklet on formula feeding and it says:

Formula powder is not sterile and can sometimes contain harmful bacteria. Although this is rare, these bacteria can cause infections and make your baby seriously ill. Make sure that water is at least 70oC to kill any bacteria in the formula powder when you make up a feed....

Scary monkeys. I had no idea at all about this! My OHs parents told me their method when my hubby was a baby and it was very different to this! It does say that it is rare that it can contain harmful bacteria though xx

It also says to make up each feed when required but I don't do this. My baby wouldn't wait 30 mins for the kettle to cool! X

Eeek. I've got a totally different method..... I make up 5 feeds at a time and keep them in the fridge then when wee man wakes in the night I warm it in a bowl of boiling water, takes about 3 mins, just so its body temp.

I tried the flask thing today when out and about but found the water cooled down quite a bit and I was under the impression you had to add the powder to the water when it was still quite hot to kill the bacteria in the powder.....

I do this but pop in the microwave same as I do in the day xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I make up 4 bottles at a time. Once there cool I pop them in the fridge and heat for 20secs in microwave and shake well, that just takes chill out them and makes them room temp.

I used the tommee tippee flask it's £10 from Asda and it keeps the water hot for about 12 hours. Best thing I ever bought! Good for when out and about too not having to find someone to provide you with hot water. X

I used the tommee tippee flask it's £10 from Asda and it keeps the water hot for about 12 hours. Best thing I ever bought! Good for when out and about too not having to find someone to provide you with hot water. X

Thanks for the tip! X

Thank you for the tips!

I made up two bottles today & will pop them in the microwave. I figured bacteria will be killed from making it up in the hot water & although they warn about hot spots I've read up so 20-30s in microwave too then warm it? Xx

Hey hun, my daytime feeds are made up, put in fridge and microwaved for 30 secs. Iv just bought a bottle warmer for night time feeds which us kept in Lo nursery, i take up 2 cold bottles and keep in insulated bag then pop in warmer when he starts to stir, It prob sounds lazy but if Lo wakes and crys whilst I'm down stairs warming he wakes oh and himself!

Hope you are well xx

I pre make my bottles and just warm them up when needed x

I pre make bottles for night time and pop them at the back of the fridge.. a 4oz bottle in the microwave for about 20 secs comes out about room temp, I just make sure to shake it like mad in case of hot spots!
My house is all on one level though so I don't have far to walk to the kitchen ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back