Night Shirts to labour in xxx

BubbleOne

Reaction score
Went to Matalan yesterday and picked up 2 nighties to wear during the actual labour. They were only £3 each and they are perfect for the job in hand!!!
They come in 2 sizes: 10 - 16 or 18 - 22. I am normally a size 14 but opted for the size 18 - 22 and they are really comfy xxx

All I need now is the nighties with the buttons down the front for nursing. Anyone got any suggestions about where to buy these? Mothercare have them but I don't really want to pay £22 for 2 nighties :shock: Lol xxx

Have you tried the other cheapy shops?

Try Be-wise, primark or QS, or perhaps e-bay?

I saw one yesterday in BHS.

I want a button up one to labour in so I can get skin to skin contact straight away.

You would think it would be the easiest thing to buy wouldn't you?! but no..i searched the high street for hours and came home with nothing!

I also want skin to skin contact with my baby and am going to breastfeed so need to buy button down nighties or pj's.

I have a blooming marvellous catalogue and they have some lovely sets but they aren't cheap.

Matalan it is then! lol

Lou :)

Hi Lou

It has been over 12 years since I had my daughter, but I did the last part of labour in one of my ex's old shirts. It was a grandad style one, but if your OH is bigger than you, these are dead comfy and you could just cut the collar off an old one. This way it will unbutton all the way down and will be easier to remove for that much needed and welcomed bed-bath after!!

tankett said:
Hi Lou

It has been over 12 years since I had my daughter, but I did the last part of labour in one of my ex's old shirts. It was a grandad style one, but if your OH is bigger than you, these are dead comfy and you could just cut the collar off an old one. This way it will unbutton all the way down and will be easier to remove for that much needed and welcomed bed-bath after!!

Hi :)

Unfortunately my bf is a plasterer and only owns one shirt and thats for weddings and christenings etc lol

I have heard that you can wear a hospital gown which they can turn back-to-front before baby appears so maybe I will do that? I knew there must be a reason they made them so your ass hung out the back...its for birthing reversal!

Lou :)

Your last post made me chuckle Lou!!

I went to B-Wise and a cheapy shop called In Store and they didn't have any that open at the front so I went to Mothercare and paid £22 for 2. I think it's very expensive but I guess I can use them if I have any more babies!!! Good excuse to have lots of babies!!!

i got mine from a shop in colchester called ethal austin one with 3 buttons down and one with buttons all the way down both just as good as each other

Got mine from Matalan. Buttons all down the front and I think they are about £5-6 each.

BTW if you do buy any of the Matalan ones, don't wear them in front of DH before you go into labour.

Mine refused to looked at me, burst into hysterical laughter and hid under the duvet. He wouldn't come out until I'd got under the covers and hidden my nightie. He said it aged me by 20 years, but he was glad I'd prewarned him what it looked like before I went into labour otherwise he would've been terrified it was labour that was making him look at me in a different light, not just the nightie. He also said that I looked like Victor Meldrews wife in it.

Hmmmmmmm!

funny enough i bought in Asda. two hidden support tops for £3 each and 2 pairs of pyjama bottoms for £4 each from asda. hated wearing the nightdresses with the buttons. felt really frumpy in them.

x

After buying mine it was in the wash when I needed it and I ended up labouring in the t-shirt I wore into the delivery suite as I was in so much pain :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back