Night owls

Deedee689

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
My baby moves the most at night. And after speaking with several new mums, they have all told me that their babies movements in the womb are the same as when the babies are awake once born! - which means I'll probably be in for long nights!
When does your baby move the most?
Do you have any techniques that help settle your baby to sleep?
And would applying these techniques actually work after birth?

Dee
29+5

💙

With my first I'd wake at 4am every morning needing the loo and with bh which hurt! I use to get up and play cards on the laptop for a few hours then go back to bed once they stopped etc,
I woke at 4am as normal my waters started to trickle and real contractions started!
Look for a pattern might happen to you!

With my first I'd wake at 4am every morning needing the loo and with bh which hurt! I use to get up and play cards on the laptop for a few hours then go back to bed once they stopped etc,
I woke at 4am as normal my waters started to trickle and real contractions started!
Look for a pattern might happen to you!

That's amazing!
I have a regular pattern of when he is awake at the moment and its every three hours roughly. However around 12/1 in the is awake the longest!
People have said to walk around but that gets him moving even more - or stuck in my hips lol!

Ah 4am, I get that! I read this morning that at 36 weeks the baby is apparently asleep 90% of the time, I think our baby is awake 50% of the time! Loves a good riggle!

Settling, during the night, I have to move position and having a cup of tea sometimes helps. I tend to wake up now, accept I'm awake and then drift back off to sleep after a while xx

My baby was very active inside me at night time, particularly around 9/10pm and whenever I woke in the night there was always movement so I was sure baby would be a night baby too but j had her 6 days ago and although her main awake time is about 9/10pm she sleeps through the night with only 1 maybe 2 feeds so I personally don't think it's all that true.

My first mainly moved at night and she was a night owl. Didn't sleep through until about 2 years old! My second had her main bit of movements 8pm-11pm and that's when she's awake the most now, she's just over 3 weeks now. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back