night feeds

rainbow dancer

Reaction score
out of curiosity how many of your little ones around 10/11 months are having night feeds xx:)

Both mine stopped at 6 months but my friends LO still has might feeds at 14 months xx

Aidens one now but he still has the occasional night feed but only if he won't resettle. Usually he'll have a sip of juice or water and go back to sleep x

Emily stopped her night feeds at 5 and a half months.

She only ever woke for 2 night feeds, dropped the 1am feed at 3 months I think.

X

Hi hun,
I was talking to you in the other thread about night feeds lol. My lo has one between 5-6 in the morning. Although the last few nights he has been unsettled (teething) So i have fed him at around 3 in the morning to settle him back down. xxxx

My LO has slept through the night from 2 months (Im blessed I know) but my friends LO is 17 month and she still wakes at 5.30 for a bottle!

S
xx

The hv told me that as long as they weigh more than 16 lbs ( and age said ideally are 6 months or older) they don't need to be fed in the night and that's if they wake and want milk it's habit. But, she said you can expect an early start to your day for awhile as you stop feeding them at night - like 530-6 am...

Oh yeah don don !! It's been a long week!! I'm going to wean her off night feeds or try at least!! So Amy tips on how to do would be great!! Think I'm gonna try by reducing milk till she has nothing, she will still be having approximate 21 oz of milk so it's not like I'm depriving her . Prob be waiting a wee while as she has only just started nursery this week and had a bad cough/cold so don't want to upset her anymore xx

As of last night we have it out might feeds. I'm just going cold turkey - I think otherwise he might get confused! But TS whatever works for you and whatever you choose you have to feel comfortable with :) c

Lizzie stopped having night feeds at about 7 months but was waking up at about 6:30 till about 10 months. She now sleeps from 6pm-8am most nights which is lovely!

Alisha is 11months old and still having night feeds tryna get her off it now

Oh yeah don don !! It's been a long week!! I'm going to wean her off night feeds or try at least!! So Amy tips on how to do would be great!! Think I'm gonna try by reducing milk till she has nothing, she will still be having approximate 21 oz of milk so it's not like I'm depriving her . Prob be waiting a wee while as she has only just started nursery this week and had a bad cough/cold so don't want to upset her anymore xx

That sounds like a good idea, I know some people offer water in the night to break the habit of night feeds. Like you say she will be having 21oz of milk so shes not being starved lol. I would love it if my lo went a bit longer as-well, 5-6 in the morning is OK, as i do put him back to bed/sleep untill half 7. But it would be nice if he went till 7.
I have my fingers crossed for you, let us know how you get on with it xxxxxx

my boy is 6months and hes on 1 feed.. but he can sleeps throughout the night. My mum told me the baby needs to learn to sleep through the night,,, so dont wake him up for a feed if he hungry he'll wake up

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back