Night feed.

littlemuffin

Reaction score
Macy is 29 weeks so she will be 7 months soon.

She gets really tired so is in bed by 6:30, this also means I get to have dinner in peace and sort out washing ironing the general bits.
But she is waking up in the early hours. I can't ignore her, as we live with the ever so critical inlaws, so I have to get up, and I've been giving her a feed in the dark, and not talking so she goes back down.

Yesterday it was 3 am, and today 4am. She didn't go back down today until 5:10, and up at 6:30.
On Saturday night I gave her a dream feed at 10pm as she fell asleep without any milk, but she slept through until 6:00.
Should I do this or will it cause me more problems in the long run.

I find that dream feeds help LO sleep longer. He normally doesn't go down til 10pm but a few times he's been asleep from 8.30. First time he went to sleep early he woke at 3am so I knew he wasn't ready to go without that last feed. I read somewhere that babies will drop last feed themselves but with dream feed I think it'll just be a matter of trying sometime and be prepared for waking early if baby not ready to drop it.

Thank you. I spoke to mummies at the baby group, and they said its a long time to go with out food and to give her a feed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back