Night advice

mrs_bump

Reaction score
My LG is nearly 2 months old, tonight she has gone 9 hours inbetween feeds, she has slept and been very settled. Now I suspect this is a one off particularly as she has her first jabs today but if she does this again, is this ok or should I be waking her earlier to feed her? Thanks for your help x

I wouldn't wake her unless a clinician told me to. As long as she's having enough milk during the day she'll be fine. If she's sleeping more or less through 3 nights on the trot you may need to change her feeding routine to make sure she gets enough milk. I read if you wake them at night to feed you are in essence teaching them to wake up. I didn't wake my lo, just fed her enough during the day. Hth x

Put the bottle down and step away from the cot!!!!!!

I've never woken Albert to feed him, they sleep when and how much they need and the same for feeding. My hv suggested I do it once so I told her I would as long as I could ring her at 2am so she can hear his reaction lol

Wow! A 9hr stretch, that's brilliant. I know its so hard not to wake them. Toby slept for 5 hours one night, I woke up in sheer panic that i'd not heard him, he went another half hour but woke up very very hungry.

I agree don't train them to wake, they will when they need it.

Fingers crossed this isn't a one off! Xx

If she's putting on the right amount of weight then she obviously doesn't need the extra milk at night- just make sure you get her weighed regularly :) xxx

Hv told me not to leave him more than 4 hours but I am NOT setting an alarm when I get so little sleep :D
was setting alarms for 3 and 6 but also zombiefied! So last night I left him, he went nearly 5 hours before one of us woke and he drank his milk quicker than I can down a pint of beer ;)
Definitely the way forward
(he is 3.5 weeks old)

I fed Amelie at 9.30 yesterday night, bathed her at 10.30 ( we usually do this earlier but we were out and about) offered her more milk that she refused at 23:00 as she was so sleepy so I put her down. She woke up at 4.30 so she went 7 h with no food. I offered her an extra oz for that feed that she happily drank and an extra oz for the morning feed.
I always wake her during the day every 3 h for a feed to make sure she gets enough milk during the day so she can go a longer stretch during the night.

I just go with the feed on demand theory. Mia just dropped her late feed herself and is normally asleep by 8pm now. She did used to wake at 3am but now it's 5am so the stretch of sleep is getting longer. I've tried waking her before I go to bed for a feed and she's just not interested. Everyone tells me not to wake her as she will ask for what she wants.
My consultant told me I should be feeding her 8 times a day, there is absolutely no way I can feed her that many times. She just won't take it if she doesn't want it and she would be even more sick!! Like the others said as long as she is putting on weight I wouldn't worry. Enjoy it!

My LG has slept from 8-6 since 5weeks old. I make sure she has enough in the day. Enjoy and get some sleep x

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

I feed every 3-4 hours during the day and on demand overnight. He has his last bottle around 10 just before we go to bed and tends to wake between 3 and 5 for a feed. I used to set my alarm for every 3 hours overnight, but i was a zombie as i was so tired, so i stopped that after a couple of weeks and wont be doing it again!!

XX

I feed as and when my DD wants it. She knows when she's hungry and isn't shy about telling me. She's 10wks and normally sleeps 11pm til 8am. She dropped her 4am feed herself. And at 11pm she normally only has an oz or 2 to send her over. She went 8pm-8am a few nights ago n I didn't wake her. She obv needed the sleep x

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back