Nice things your "Dad to be" has done

Daydreaming

Reaction score
Hi guys

So to distract myself from scan envy (so many good pics up now btw, congrats to everyone! Hoping to join you all on Friday!), I thought I'd focus on the brilliant things our other-halves have done for us.

We've discussed that most of our fellas are not getting any nookie, but I feel bad that mine also has to put up with me being generally shattered and useless - the house has never been so messy because I'm so tired when I get home from work I can't do anything.

My fella has been lovely in all the little ways; no big lavish gifts, but lots of reassurance that I am not as useless as I feel and that I'm doing brilliant. When I'm groggy on the sofa he ensures there is water and chocolate nearby and when it is dinner time and I'm complaining about my aversions to carrots he doesn't force me to eat them but hints that it would be good for baby so I feel guilty enough to eat.

I know he has a lot of work on himself at the moment, at a company he hates, so I find those little things really wonderful. Hoping I can pay him back somehow.

So, how about you other ladies? How is your fella (or lady) treating you right?

Aw, bless your OH. That's really sweet. Mine has been making me dinner when I can't be bothered, and cooking all the foods I am craving right now - curries, Mexican, pickly things... and yes, making sure I eat good, healthy stuff! (When what I actually want is a pork pie!). And he keeps telling me that I'm amazing when I certainly don't feel it:blush:

Sorry to give you scan envy - I hope yours goes really well on Friday. I'm sure you'll have a great time - is your OH coming to the scan? Good luck!
x

I have scan envy too..mine is on the 20th.

My oh has done all the cleaning, shopping and cooking since we found out mostly due to the fact that I feel so rotten at the moment. I feel so guilty so now I'm starting to feel better I must stop letting him do everything

haha! Glad it isn't just me who completely failed to function then.
I managed to prepare dinner last night, hubs came home and was in shock to see me singing in the Kitchen. He soon sent me back to the sofa to rest as he reckons I shouldn't abuse my sudden burst of energy.

I'm happy to hear your fellas tell you your doing amazing too - I don't feel like a normal human being, let alone "amazing"!!

Karen - yes, hubs managed to get the day off work for the scan. He couldn't come to the first midwife app, so he is really happy to come to this.

Aw nice thread.
My DH has been incredibly patient, supportive and wonderful since we found out.
I've been a moody cow, and he always just says 'do you want a hug?' Whenever I'm getting angry.
He always tells me not to do anything around the house and to rest whenever I feel the need.
When I go to bed early just to chill, he brings me tea and biscuits.
He's given me back and foot rubs!

He is a gem! Such a keeper! Xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Aww we're all so lucky by the sounds of it!
I don't know how my oh's put up with my mood swings! He's been really great; making dinner, tidying up, giving me lots of cuddles and putting up with me moaning!
Am hoping to pay him back soon, feel so guilty with feeling rubbish/tired/moody all the time.. Ah well, Christmas is coming up soon ;)

My hubby had generally been an absolute star and sweeter than I ever could have imagined. He has done pretty much everything since I we found out because I have been so sick.

Think my mood swings get to him sometimes but he is pretty well controlled and keeps calm.

Yesterday he made me smile. He wagged his finger at my belly and said 'stop making mummy so poorly!!' very sweet.

Awww very happy to hear your fellas are looking after you all!

We are lucky ladies

My OH is being amazing! He cooks dinner most nights (even though after a few mouthfuls I feel full and can't manage anymore) makes sure I'm drinking plenty, does the housework and even rubs my back when I'm being sick lol. With my hormones all over the place he really is getting a hard time from me lately, but he always understands that I don't mean it. Got home from work last night and he had bought me a lovely bunch of lilies :) I really cudnt ask for a better man to be sharing this experience with, he is an absolute diamond

Sounds like u all have lovely oh's! Mine has been good to me, but he has had his moments. He has cooked when I can't stand the smell of food and tells me he wishes he could make me feel better.

Like last night, after hardly being able to eat or drink for 2 days due to constantly being sick he moans at me for falling asleep on the sofa instead of going outside to feed my rabbits. So I try and make it outside and feel all dizzy so sit on the floor, and he just huffs and puffs about having to do it and help me out!! Xx

Aw, Kanga - you've had it particularly hard, though! I think if I had been as sick as you my husband would be huffing and puffing too. As it is, my symptoms mean that he can eat spicy food with me (and pork products), which no doubt is keeping him sweet!

Are you feeling better these days? x

Apart from the last 2 days, where a cold has knocked me back, I have been doing well on my anti sickness tablets and had managed almost 2 weeks without being sick. But the last 2 days have been awful, struggled to keep nothing down. Think my oh just wants to help me feel better but doesn't know how other than to try and act normal :)

Today has been better, fingers crossed, no sickness so far and managed to eat some toast and drink some water :) xx

Last edited:
Aw sorry to hear this Kanga. I guess guys get stressed out with it all too.
Sorry to hear you are still ill. If it helps, I thought I was getting better (3 days with only feeling yucky but not actually sick) but have now had 3 days of being sick at least twice a day. Nothing compared to how you've been of course, but thought it may help to know someone shares a tiny bit of your pain ;)

I just hope once this cold goes I will be feeling a lot more normal again. It's nice to know I'm not the only one still being and feeling ick, hope it all goes for tri 2 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back