Nice midwife

hope

Reaction score
My usual midwife being on holiday, I got a locum yesterday at my appointment. She was SO NICE!!!!! She saw my misery & knowing that I have my next appointment at the hospital a day after my due date, she told me that there was still a chance that the consultant would want to keep me on for another 2 weeks before considering inducing :roll: So she decided to help me along by exaggerating a little on my notes, saying I was Very miserable & could not sleep at all.( Partial truths actually) But it was very nice of her. She even came home today of her own accord with something called a tubigrip, which is to be worn around my bump & takes the weight off a bit! Oh that is a godsend!!! So here I am drinking raspberry leaf tea, bouncing on my ball wearing my tubigrip, & feeling less miserable than yesterday, but still be here a while I think!!

If only they were all like that I'm sure it would go so much quicker!!! I have been to see my midwife today and the same thing as usual happened ...yep everything is fine see you in 4 weeks!!!
Don't be miserable though just think at the very most in 2 weeks you are going to have your baby.....how exciting ...SWOP you!!! Thinking of you go and eat chocolate!!

Hi,

The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. The usual midwife wasn't there (not that she ever is).
She has not been very good really, giving me no information and then the wrong information!

The stand in midwife was lovely, really easy to talk to, she talked through listening to the babies heart beat and how the baby was positioned etc. It was a real change from usual!
Felt loads better when I came out.

Got an appointment this week, think its the usual midwife though
:? oh well!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27