NHS Maternity exemption certificate

Nickinakinoo

Reaction score
Anyone else have there's yet? Mine came just after Xmas! Good job as my pre payment certificate runs out this week and I've got toothache!

I've filled out the form, just need to take it in etc. Excited about getting free prescriptions lol! X

I've got my form from the midwife but I'm not sending it off yet as I have dentist in just over a week so she said wait till then, take the certificate then send it off after the appt to get the card.

Do we get dental treatment free? Xxx

My dr did mine but for free dental the nhs website said you need your nhs card and MatB1 form but you don't get that till your 20 week scan

Yes free dental treatment and free prescriptions...I've saved a fortune on prescriptions so far. Xx

Ohhhh lovely! I thought it was just free prescriptions xxx

You don't get free eye tests with a maternity exemption card. Just free prescriptions and dental treatment. I wear glasses and never had free eye tests while pregnant xx

Free dental till baby is 1, it's fab! My lo is 1 in march so booked a check up end of Feb...if anything is found then treatment is free even after card expires as it was picked up before. X

I must find a dentist then, I moved into this area not long ago so haven't found a dentist yet. Did you ladies pick your certificate up from the doctors? I'm sure when I called to say about being pregnant they mentioned it but I can't for the life of me remember what they said xx

I must find a dentist then, I moved into this area not long ago so haven't found a dentist yet. Did you ladies pick your certificate up from the doctors? I'm sure when I called to say about being pregnant they mentioned it but I can't for the life of me remember what they said xx
My MW sent off for mine for me. She was shocked the Dr hadn't given me the form (I saw him before her) and it came in the post xx

Hmmm okay, I'll call the doctor receptionist today as I'm thinking she said go in and fill it out but I could have just made that up haha! I'll call see what they say p

You don't get free eye tests with a maternity exemption card. Just free prescriptions and dental treatment. I wear glasses and never had free eye tests while pregnant xx

That's what my GP told me? Mind you I've not long had one and new glasses so not in need yet anyway x

I saw the doc but didn't get the certificate until I saw the midwife at 8weeks.

I think eye tests are only free if you are in certain benefits already.

Tesco offer free eye tests to everyone regardless :) jjst had mine done there xx

Last edited:
Just had to pay £8.20 for a prescription of folic acid! Apparently cant be claimed back when I receive certificate how annoying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back