NHS due date

Aragon

Reaction score
I am so confused! My edd according to nhs is 21st Sept and they date me at 11+4 on Monday which means today I'm 12 exactly.

I worked my date out to be 20th Sept and 12+5 today... So the pregnancy is 5 days earlier but only 1 day change in EDD..??

Is it because my cycles are longer than average?

Also with the nhs dates. I'm 12w today so isnt my edd meant to be 40 weeks exactly?? So this would make 21st Sept 40+1???

Confused.com

And do I stick to counting weeks as per nhs?? Need to change my ticker to 12 today if so...

Thanks for any help!!
Xx

Last edited:
Have you had your dating scan yet? That's the only real way you can tell. It is likely to be down to ovulating earlier/later than expected

Hey thanks for replying :)
Yes had my dating scan on monday where they said I was 11+4 but edd of 21st sept.
Now I've checked again, 21st Sept is actually 39+6? Is it normal for the nhs to give you an edd at 39+6 based on their own dating scan?
Xx

A due date of 21st sept would put you at 12 + 1 today, they've probably just written the days wrong and mw will correct it based on scan edd at your next appt.
if I was you I would class myself as 12 weeks and 1 day pregnant today x

Thanks Emma. I'll see what the MW says.
Just want to know when i reach each full week :)
Will class myself 12+1
Xx

Your EDD comes from the measurements at your dating scan. All other ways of working it out are void really once you've had your scan xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back