Next step now she is 6 months tomorrow....

I usually get them on offer? We got 5 for £5 in asda. I just got him yogurts for morning time and pouches for lunch and tea.

We currently have 2 teeth on the way in so in the next few weeks I'm gonna move on to textured foods, like mashed stuff and then once his wee teeth are through I'll try him with other things.

Jackson had a meltdown because I took the bowl of baby rice, peaches and pears away from him today, Had to put more in and keep feeding lol.

So far the Ella's kitchen have been good on the tummy. The only problem if u like to call it one was when I gave him broccoli pouches I got THE worst nappy the following day with his usual gunk and then an actual poo :shock: I was almost sick on him it was awful OH went right outside with it.... Ive done some nappies in my time but that by far was the worst so we have had a break from brocolli haha. But other than that great with toilet.

They'r organic too which is a bonus xxxxx

Last edited:
We start our kids with with the baby cereal mixed with breast milk or formula depending what you baby drinks until they get the hang of swallowing. then we move to home made bland one veggie purees we don't like to mix too many flavours. We never use anything sweet like fruit or custards until we are happy they are comfortably eating the veggies. We introduced the apple puree with our first too early (it was easier) and it took for ever to get him use to boring veggies again.

Later we just puree up what we have. For example if we have chicken and veggies for dinner we just puree the chicken and put it on the side of a plate then do their veggies. Never mix it up so they get use to different tastes.

Last edited:
Right well at lunch time I tried her on a cow & gate jar (pumpkin & carrot with chicken 4-6 months) wasn't brave enough to start her in 6+

So what happened......she went crazy! Screamed every time I took the spoon away and finished the whole jar and screamed when it was all gone) she even started sucking her bib before I got a chance to take it off of her. Had to give her some milk after as she would not stop screaming for more!

Think she likes her food! Going to do just one meal a day for a while and offer her the same milk :) x

Haha, now the fun begins. That's great news PB.

J loves yoghurt and when it's finished she just cries. (I'm the same with chocolate you know)

The great thing with her being 6 months now is you can try anything but honey. So sometimes I just give J a piece of my bread when I'm eating a sandwich. She normally just turns it into a dough ball though :)

We were told to wean my lb at 9 weeks (his corrected age) and we gave a TOUCH of baby rice but since being 5 months old (actual age) hes genuinely wxcited at food and so hes tried banana sweet potato carrot and tomorrow weetabix....he loves it...we make all our food and pyree it up but given his issues with reflux we have to ensure we do one food at a time. When we go out well take a banana with us and mush a little uo and give j the rest....x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back